Thread: Slow performance after installing MCE Optibay and VMware Fusion on MacBook Pro

Slow performance after installing MCE Optibay and VMware Fusion on MacBook Pro

Well I have installed MCE Optibay on my MacBook Pro. I found after installing MCE Optibay causing lots of performance issue. I noticed that there was performance issue while doing the same. personally I am suspecting that issue is associated with Fusion. I could not found any solution to fix the above mentioned issue.

Re: Slow performance after installing MCE Optibay and VMware Fusion on MacBook Pro

In this particular situation I am suggesting following thing which can help you out to fix the matter.
    • You have to shut down virtual machine and shut down Fusion.
    • You have to add a single line to the virtual machine configuration.
    • First of all you have to locate Windows 7 x64.vmx which is located at /HD1/Virtual Machines/Windows 7 x64.vmwarevm folder. You should back up the file before doing anything.
    • Once you have located above mentioned file you should open the same into Notepad. Now add following line at the bottom.
    • Code:
      isolation.tools.hgfs.notify.enable = "FALSE"
    • you have to save the same and close TextEdit.
    • Finally you have to restart the virtual Machine and see whether the issue is persisting or not.

Re: Slow performance after installing MCE Optibay and VMware Fusion on MacBook Pro

I was also facing the same issue and to fix the matter I simply uninstalled and reinstalled VMware Tools on my system. after doing that there was no issue so try it.