Thread: Dock is eating memory and CPU after Lion update 10.7.2

Dock is eating memory and CPU after Lion update 10.7.2

I have recently updated to OSX 10.7.2 and have installed two VM as well and the problem that I am facing now is that the Dock is eating up the memory and CPU and this has made the system very slow, is there anyone who has faced the same, I wanted to share that this issue appear to start after Lion update 10.7.2, is there anyone who can help me solving this out??

Re: Dock is eating memory and CPU after Lion update 10.7.2

I have recently updated to OSX 10.7.2 and have installed two VM as well and the problem that I am facing now is that the Dock is eating up the memory and CPU and this has made the system very slow, is there anyone who has faced the same, I wanted to share that this issue appear to start after Lion update 10.7.2, is there anyone who can help me solving this out??
    There are possibilities that the issue might be related with the VMWare Fusion and not the update anyways I just wanted to know the system specification of the system, so that I can have a better idea about the issue that you are having.

I am having a macbook pro:
    • 8 GB of RAM
    • Hybrid SSD main HD

Other than this the virtual machine in my case is of a secondary HD in the optibay, is there any solution that I can try out??

I am facing the same issue after upgrading to 10.7.2, I don’t think that the issue is related to the VMWare and I am saying this because I have been checking out a no of forum for help and I have found that there was similar issue with the earlier version of Lion and it used to happen while launching second virtual machine. To confirm the same I have tested it out and have found that the issue exists when we launch the second virtual machine and disappears as soon as one of them is suspended.

I am not sure about this but then I have checked out for this issue and have found that there are a no of people facing the same but then some people have mentioned that they have solved the issue by uninstalling and then reinstalling Fusion 4.0.2, so if you want then you all can try out the same and see if it is helping you out or not. Just give it a try and then let me know if it helps.

I was facing the same issue but then I have solved it out finally by disabling application sharing, I mean that I have not faced the same issue after disabling it, if you want then you all can try out the same, in order to do so just follow the below steps:
    • First just select the Virtual Machine > Settings > Default Applications
    • After that just disable all the options and then click on show all
    • When you are done with the above then select the Applications menu and after that just select the “never” option for the Show Applications in the menu bar and after that reboot the machine and see if it is helping you out as well or not.

I think that you might have been lucky with the solution that you have posted because I have tried out the same and it does not seems to be making any difference, Other than this I have also tried out uninstalling and then reinstalling the Fusion 4.0.2 and even it did not helped, is there any other solution that I can try out??

I have found that Turning off shared folders has solved the issue for a no of people so just try it out and see if it is helping you as well or not, I think that it should probably solve the issue for you as well. Best of luck.