Thread: How to avoid Windows apps to appear in "Open With" contextual menu

How to avoid Windows apps to appear in "Open With" contextual menu

I have upgraded to Fusion 2.0 and I have found that the Shared Applications feature from where I open a file directly and all, for eg when I right-click on a mp3 file by right clicking it then In the "Open With" menu I am getting choices of apps and I am willing to avoid the same. I have tried disabling the Shared Applications but then it is not helping me put and I am still getting them in the "Open With" menu, is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: How to avoid Windows apps to appear in "Open With" contextual menu

I have upgraded to Fusion 2.0 and I have found that the Shared Applications feature from where I open a file directly and all, for eg when I right-click on a mp3 file by right clicking it then In the "Open With" menu I am getting choices of apps and I am willing to avoid the same. I have tried disabling the Shared Applications but then it is not helping me put and I am still getting them in the "Open With" menu, is there anyone who can help me out??
    Just go in to the Virtual Machine Settings > Sharing and after that just delete the Applications folder which will be in the Virtual Machine Package and after that you will not get the choices again, just try it out and then let me know if it is helping.

Even I need some help with the same, actually I just wanted to know if there is a way on which we can customize the Windows programs that appears in the context menu as per out will?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I am not very sure but then I think that you will have to leave the folder as it is and after that issue a terminal command in order to force a rebuild of the Launch Services database and after that just reflect the changes as per your will in the actual menu, just check it out and let me know if it is working in that way.