Thread: Getting error "The Virtual Machine Is Unable To Reserve Memory" while launching VMWare Fusion 3.1

Getting error "The Virtual Machine Is Unable To Reserve Memory" while launching VMWare Fusion 3.1

I have been trying to launch VMWare Fusion 3.1 as it was working fine before and was not working now, when I am trying to launch the same then I am getting an error message saying "The Virtual Machine Is Unable To Reserve Memory" and when I abort the process then it says "Failed to lock shared memory." Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about this???

Re: Getting error "The Virtual Machine Is Unable To Reserve Memory" while launching VMWare Fusion 3.1

I have been trying to launch VMWare Fusion 3.1 as it was working fine before and was not working now, when I am trying to launch the same then I am getting an error message saying "The Virtual Machine Is Unable To Reserve Memory" and when I abort the process then it says "Failed to lock shared memory." Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about this???
    Before I suggest you something about the same, I just want to know the following:
    • System specification??
    • What does the Activity Monitor say’s??
    • Have you tried out rebooting the machine??

Just answer the same for further help.

Re: Getting error "The Virtual Machine Is Unable To Reserve Memory" while launching VMWare Fusion 3.1

I am having the Mac Pro :
    • 12Gb of RAM and 8 cores
    • running 10.6.4

whereas the virtual machine is having 1 core, 1Gb allocated
    Other than this the Activity Monitor say’s 6.82Gb free, I have tried out rebooting the machine a no of times but then it is just not making any difference, is there any other solution that I can try out???

Ok just check out the Fusion's support files which will be in the Help > Collect Support Information and after that attach them here so I can go through them and have a better idea of the issue that you are facing.

I have check out the same and have attached them below, just check them out and see if you could help:
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have gone through the file and I wanted to know if you have made any changes in the setup when it was working fine as you said?? Was it working fine with the Fusion 3.1?? Without any such issues and all??

I don’t think that I had made any changes when it was working fine, it stopped working suddenly and that’s why I was trying to launch the same again. As far as the recent change is concerned the problem started after 3.1 upgrade. I was not having any issues with the Fusion that was installed previously and it was working fine since yesterday. Is there any workaround that I can try out to solve this issue?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I am facing the same issue and below is the Fusion's support file attachment, even I am getting the same error message, I am really running out of ideas by now, I have found a no of people facing the same but then I have not yet found an effective solution to try out?? Is there anyone who can help me out as well??
    Attached Files Attached Files