Thread: How to get Flash player in LG SMART TV

How to get Flash player in LG SMART TV

WE have purchased a new LG Smart TV from the LG store. WE chose it because it has "YOUTUBE" built in. I can search for videos on "YOUTUBE" and it will show proper search result but it will play what I want. So I used the built-in web browser to get YOUTUBE but it prompts me back saying install a FLASH PLAYER. I tried but it didn’t. Any help?

Re: How to get Flash player in LG SMART TV

It is very sad to notice that the TV still not having the full flash support. Nowadays if you going to consider anything on web, everything is totally bases on Flash and it is simply Growing. The good news is that latest 2012 range of Smart TVs will have full flash support even with more memory. However those who are using the old models, I don’t think that they will get software update due to their hardware limitations.

The LD stated that now any developers download LG’s Smart TV platform SDK (which will have plug-in tools for Flash development), and make any flash based apps. So I think that currently it is not available in older version. Make sure that your Smart TV has upgraded Software. The Flash will available with the update only, you cannot install it in other way.

The new web technology HTML5 will surely going to replace Flash. As you know that Flash meant for embedded platform is not same as on other platform. Smart TVs use dedicated Flash support so that it can compatible with the hardware. It is not CPU or Software dependent like PC. So flash is better than anything.

I know that Smart TV has Flash on it and it is up to version 8. If the web browser does not able to show you flash content then assume that it will need updated version of Flash. If the device does not have the latest version of Flash, then it will revert back to the non-flash version of the page. However I don’t know how to update the Flash in LG Smart TV.

Adobe told that it will bring Flash Player 11 and AIR 3. I think it is available now. The LG and TiVo have are latest partners to offer Flash-based apps for TVs as well as digital home devices. This new version will also allow hardware-accelerated 2D and 3D graphics rendering. It is faster than older one and with improved performance. You will see 60FPS rendering and console-quality games. The new update from LG surely includes these features.

As far as I know that the Adobe flash is not fully supported in LG TV. However the LG also announced that it will soon going to support Flash 10 within a soon-to-come firmware. This is really a bad new for Web browser since it still needs to wait for some more days.

As you know that there are lots of units which will connect to the internet and offers different features, all of them support Flash. They come with different remote controls. There is no mouse, simply buttons. Flash player is the most popular but I hoped at lease the developers have provided plugins so that you can optimize the features by the help of controls currently available.

I don’t know how will be the 2012 televisions and how they will work with internet functionality but I heard that now manufactures are taking it seriously to improve the features and functionality in any manner. So by looking at this we can hope that the next generation Smart TVs will have a huge improvement as compared to current models.

Does your SMAT TV offer you any option to update the Software or application directly from Internet? If so, you can directly download and install it in your TV. Otherwise you should wait for the next software to release. For now, you can send the SMARt TV box back to manufacturer so that they can flash the firmware and install the new update manually.