Thread: Flash Player settings bug in OS X Lion 10.7

Flash Player settings bug in OS X Lion 10.7

Since the update of OS X Lion 10.7 from the apple, flash player users have been complaining about several bugs and setting errors. They are telling that Flash Player's native control panel is full of bugs and cannot be inter operable with OS X lion. I hope that Adobe is working hard to fix the bug as soon as possible. Till now users are looking for workarounds to use Flash player.

Re: Flash Player settings bug in OS X Lion 10.7

Lion users have reported that the Flash Player is eating heavy CPU usage. This usually occurs during the streaming of YouTube videos. It is a because of disabled hardware acceleration. However OS X Lion (10.7) offers support hardware video acceleration for Flash. This support was only enabled in snow leopard but didn’t available in Lion when it was first release. Now this issue has been solved. Furthermore the Flash Player settings dialog box is unresponsive. If so, you can use it by using the tab” key to change focus and you can use other keys also according to your needs. Some settings are fully operational with keyboard.

It is really an annoying problem while we cannot use the mouse clicks on settings panel. I don’t know how much longer we should wait for Adobe to fix the Flash. I don’t whether they will send a patch or directly going to release a new version. But Apple trying to resolve this problem by finding a workaround and providing support in its official support page.

Everyone knows that Adobe in OS X Lion has lots of problems. The Funny thing is adobe still didn’t able to solve these problems. I really feel bad about those people who already spent thousands of dollars on Adobe software. I don’t know how to use it without the proper fix. I hope soon there will be update.

It doesn’t mean that Apple just now like the Adobe Flash and hate it completely. Enitre Mac users have to suffer like this and they will not enjoy youtube videos. It was very helpful if apple have provided the HTML5 playback for mac. But still it wasn’t efficient. But still I can say that it is just an Apple’s fault. Flash had been a popular standard for all platforms but apple did not able to use it properly on their platform.

As far as I know that the Lion 10.7.1 update is recommended for all those who wants to use Flash. The updates came with few general fixes that will improve the stability and compatibility of Mac. Some fixes are as follows:
    • Fixed the issue of system to freeze when playing a video using the Safari
    • Audio issue with HDMI or optical audio out has been fixed.
    • Improved the Wi-Fi connections stability
    • Resolved the compatibility issue between the Lion and some applications.

Some apple users told that if you are running OS X 10.7 ("Lion"), you should update the Flash Player to latest version. Many users cannot get to work with LiveTalk. The problems noticed so far are only related to the older version of Flash player. Adobe is still working on correcting bugs. So better keep your Flash player updated.

I know that the Adobe Flash Player is supported in OS X Lion. In Safari you need to install plug-in which will going to reside in personal libraries folder. However the Chrome has its own copy of Flash plug-in that you can disable whenever you want. For Safari, you will see in
    ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/
    or in the system-wide libraries:
    /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/
    As you know that the Lion does not comes with Flash player previously installed but you can install it later anyhow.

Safari on OS X Lion using huge amount of RAM over time. A subprocess named "Safari Web Content" is the main process which is eating more than Gb of RAM rarely. It only happens when I open several tabs in a Single Window at once. However there is no way that any web browser can consume Gigabyte of RAM only with 3 to 4 tabs open. So it seems to me that it is a also due to the Bug in Flash.

After several hours of thinking I have installed "ClickToFlash Safari extension." It is working well but manually. I meant it will not load the Flash content form the website directly or automatically. It will tell you that there is flash content indicating a gray icon inside it. It is really a pain for me to click on it eveytime to see or preview the flash content. But I have to use it because there is no way I can use Adobe Flash for my Safari till all the issues get fixed.