Thread: Adobe updater failed to install and update

Adobe updater failed to install and update

I think that my Adobe updater is not perfect. On my Mac I am frequently getting following banner message saying that there is a latest version of adobe updater is available. Click OK to install. Following that there is a Note indicating I need to authenticate for the installation. However if I try to install the updater, Mac refuses to continue and showing “updater failed to install”. How to correct it?

Re: Adobe updater failed to install and update

It is also happened to me but I got the different error. When the Adobe updater trying to install on Mac OS, it returns me an error saying that update failed. The updater failed to install the patch because there is a modified app. You need to go to the Adobe support website to know more about installation of patch. Before that you need to re-enable disabled components. Otherwise un-install and re-install adobe app before installing the patch.

It seems to me that you need to delete the Acrobat updater data file to solve the problem. To do this:
    • First of all Acrobat.
    • After that go to the /Applications/Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional in the Finder.
    • Control-click (or right-click) the Adobe icon and select Show Package Contents using menu. You will see Finder window opens.
    • In that open the Contents folder> Resources folder> AMT folder.
    • Find the AUMProduct.aup and move it to the Trash.
    • Now you can go for the update.

Make sure that you are logged in as administrator user account before installing the updates. Insufficient or damaged permissions user account may not be able to install the update properly. You may create different user account with certain privileges to install updater.

I think that the installation is prevented by system policy. Many users have got the same problem. Users those are very inaccurate to notice and users, who are single user without any policy, might be going to see the problem. The problem is the updater does not able to access the path of the installer. Also the system does not allow it to access its system information. So due to this, update is keep failing.

I am logged in as Admin and deleted cache and temp files previously. But nothing changed up. Then I tried the new updater which I got somewhere. Installed it and rebooted the Mac. Still l am having the same problem with the updater. It looks like a huge bug and don’t know what to do with it. I have installed the Adobe applications from the official site only. No solution so far from the Adobe. This really really annoying.