Thread: Many of my Skype contact numbers are getting hijacked to free 411 service

Many of my Skype contact numbers are getting hijacked to free 411 service

I have been seeing that most of my numbers are getting hijacked to free 411! Same thing is happening on my Belkin WiFi phone and linux computer! Does anyone know about this issue and how to solve this?

re: Many of my Skype contact numbers are getting hijacked to free 411 service

Yes this is true! Now that calls are being transfer to any other random user and in any state! I think someone has hacked into skype router network or servers! it may be due to some hardware failure one can say but it is so annoying that you are being connected to the person that you don’t even know! Local telephone companies are blaming skype for this and say that they are not having any problems from their end! they are also not ready to take any action on it!

My calls are also hijacked but I am able to call from my phone without any problem! What I think is SKYPE should take an initiative to act on this as they have hacked this company now then they will hack others too! They should get ready to face challenges ahead in future! Hope skype will solve this issue soon and will inform us about their progress!

This is going really unexpected as every single call is re-routed to the 411 free service! who would have thought that a store will be able to do this! They kept all the IP telephone portion of incoming calls to them in a directory service and then transfer the call to any other city branch! That is the reason your calls are being transfer to any random user around! This is all voice activated process . whoever has hacked it , he has managed to get to the main skype system!

Re: Many of my Skype contact numbers are getting hijacked to free 411 service

I guess this will soon get sorted and we can’t do anything about this! few months ago my call was hacked when I was trying to call another (skype) land-line using PC my call was redirected to the Verizon mailbox! It soon automatically got repaired! i guess that was some sort of system error may be that caused temporary call routing!