Thread: No sound on first call with Skype 5.5

No sound on first call with Skype 5.5

I have recently put the Skype 5.5 and having some issue with this. Actually whenever I make call from this then the call get connected but I don't get any sound from either side. After a few seconds, the call get disconnected and then it redials the calls again. and then there is no problem with the call and voice. Is this only me who is getting this problem or there are some of the other users with the same issue. If you have some idea regarding this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: No sound on first call with Skype 5.5

What is the operating system you are using? If you are using the Windows 7 then you can simply open the Windows Event Viewer and from there. go to the Custom Views and from there select Administrative Events. Just see for the recent error messages over there and you will get the details about the error for this issue. I hope that this will be helpful to you.

If you want to get the same error message with the Windows XP then you have to open the Administrator Tools and from there just open Event Viewer. Click on the System and then choose Applications. You will get the current system logs. If you are not able to understand the details then you can also paste that over here and we will try to resolve that. No one can predict the exact reason for this issue as there are many possible reasons for this. Once we have the information about the error then it will be better for us to understand and provide solutions.

I think that you are lacking some of the Windows update and that is making the compatibility issue with the Skype 5.5. So the first thing that you have to do is the Windows Update and when you are done with that then there is possibility that the problem with the Skype will be resolved. So do this and report us back if this failed to work for you.

Yes, I also think that there is some problem with the compatibility issue and if none of the solutions helps you then there is only one option for you and that is to go back to previous version of that and that will solve the problem for you. This is the only thing that I can recommend you.

For this issue, you can follow the steps below and that will solve the problem for you.
    1. Go to the main Skype client program window.
    2. Go to Tools and open Options.
    3. Select Advanced and click on connection.
    4. Deselect enable uPnP checkbox.
    5. Click on Save.
    6. Close and start the skype again.

Note: If this helps you to get the problem solved then you can disable this from the router/AP level.

I think that you have enabled the Compatibility Mode. If you are having the Windows 7 on your computer then just right click on Skype shortcut icon and choose properties and click Compatibility. You should not have this enabled and if this is enabled then you will surely have problems like this.

If we take care of some of the important things as a precaution then this will never happen to you. Just keep the phone off in flight and this is the best option for you.