Thread: Videowave 2011 is running slow and codec pack conflicts with EMC

Videowave 2011 is running slow and codec pack conflicts with EMC

Well the Videowave getting slower as I am adding some effects. There was no response for around 10seconds to 3 minutes. I was also not able to move slider to watch movie. After addition of every single splitting, editing of audio and transition effects makes the videowave slower and slower.
    Also I am using Shark 007 windows codec pack. It is having x64 components for ffdshow, subtitles, DXVA. EMC not allowing me to install pack and prevent when I am looking to install Divx pack. Windows Codec pack is having Divx then it conflicts when EMC install DivX pack on the system.
    Can you give me brief idea on the above mentioned topic?

Re: Videowave 2011 is running slow and codec pack conflicts with EMC

Whenever you see slowing down of the program you have to get on the Top menu and you have to select Tool and go for Options. Here you have to click on Clear Proxy Files. This files are temporary files which are roadmaps for the changes done at the time of editing. After clearing of the proxy files you will simply get rid out of the changes done into the roadmaps. You will not require to worry about proxy files since it will rebuild automatically with what is available in the project.
    You can do the same by restarting the computer but it may not be helpful to you.

I am not sure but background process might be interfering with the software. So I am suggesting that you should click on Start and click on Run. Now enter msconfig and press enter. Click on Ok button.
    Go for Start up tab and look for the background process. You have to figure out that see whether it is making the difference.

I solved the conflict by installing cineplayer codec pack. i uninstalled EMC's divx pack after completed with the installation of EMC 2012.