Thread: Why completely rewrite Virtual DJ 8?

Why completely rewrite Virtual DJ 8?

There are lots of touchscreen items available in the market like iPad, iPhone. So I am wondering that there could be need of rewriting of Virtual DJ 8. Mostly it should support for Multi-touch interfaces. Post what could be the reason for rewriting of the above mentioned software? Any speculation on the same will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Why completely rewrite Virtual DJ 8?

In terms of programming rewriting of code get happens whenever you are supposed to merge totally two different base codes. Simply you cannot copy and paste different base code. I really love multi-touch technology but it did not seem suitable for DJ.

I don’t care about touch screen feature. It is associated with hardware controller. it cannot be implemented on general DJ booth.

People who does make use of beatmixing heavily dislikes touch screens. According to me midi controller would more cost effective rather than of having touch screen support. If Atomix really wanted to replace something then do something with midi controller.

I do agree with you there is no need of rewriting of the software to provide support for touchscreen. Well according to me the developer should work on Time Code Vinyl issue. there should be more Video effects codes, Recording function. The software should have ability rewire master or Slave. I know its bit difficult to implement but could be make possible by putting some serious efforts.
    They should make the software in the manner which should be compatible with current as well as future consumer market development in terms of software and hardware as well.