Thread: Roxio creator 2012 Crashes while Copy and Convert

Roxio creator 2012 Crashes while Copy and Convert

I have recently installed Creator 2012 on my machine on my new computer and I have used the previous roxio products as well, the problem that I am facing now is that when I am using “Copy and Convert" program and browsing files from the dvd drive then it says "Compressing DVD” which is first of all strange because the source data is a standard one and suppose to fit well, later when the process reaches 80 percent then it gets hang and it also makes the DVD unusable, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well.

Re: Roxio creator 2012 Crashes while Copy and Convert

I have recently installed Creator 2012 on my machine on my new computer and I have used the previous roxio products as well, the problem that I am facing now is that when I am using “Copy and Convert" program and browsing files from the dvd drive then it says "Compressing DVD” which is first of all strange because the source data is a standard one and suppose to fit well, later when the process reaches 80 percent then it gets hang and it also makes the DVD unusable, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well.
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that following:
    • What type of file you are trying to copy AVI, .MPG, .FLV?
    • Are you willing to concert them? Ro you just want to store them?
    • Do you want to convert the files in to Video-DVD?

Just answer the same for further help.

If the process is getting hang every time it is compressing them then I will suggest you to change the order of them and see if it is making any difference, as far as the compressing part is concerned that is a normal process and I don’t think that this is any issue, actually different type of the video files have to be compressed but then if you are trying to write them to the standard Video-DVD then there are expanded which makes the file larger in order to fit the dvd.

Yes I am trying to convert the files in order to burn them in to Video-DVD, in my case the files are stored in the hard drive that I am using and I am copying the files from the same hard drive, actually there is a VIDEO_TS” folder in the DVD-Video folder of the hard drive and this folder is having the DVD Video source content, I am just willing to copy them into a video-compliant DVD and alter use then with a DVD player. Hope that my issue is cleared to you now.

If you are trying do that then I will suggest you to better burn those files directly to the disc or you can also burn it to a disc image and this will help you to keep the dvd safe as well rather than just ruining it and you can experiment the same without wasting any cost, just go through this image for more help:

The other thing that you can try out is going for an ordinary single-layer DVD if you are not willing get the size of the file to be reduced by the file and so:

The other thing that I wanted to know is that what is the time mentioned in the play time of the video which you said is in the video-ts folder.Just check it out and let me know for further help.

I don’t think that the play time of the video should be the factor to be concerned, The size of the file that I am trying to copy from the VIDEO_TS sub-directory is 4.5gb, I have done the same before when I was having Easy Creator 7 and had never faced any such problem before but at that time I was not having the source being a DVD and this time I am having an exact image of a DVD which is stored on the hard drive, I don’t think that this might be making any difference, what do you think about this?

I just wanted to know that which option you are using from the below:
    • Copy dvd
    • Covert video

You have not yet mentioned the play time of the video file??

I don’t think that you are having an exact image of a dvd but then it is just the exact content of it, in order to make a exact some pereparation has to be done, where the tructure is built and the contents are re-coded if there is a need to reduce the size, in this preparation the structure building process is fast but then the re-coding takes a lot of time but then here the "Compressing DVD" notice is there for the entire process and it will be there even if the recoding process is not carried out and that is the message that you are getting and here the size of the file really matters. I will suggest you to try out changing the output to an ISO image rather than burning it to a disc and see if the process is getting completed without hanging or not.

After you suggestion I have now tried to create an ISO file rather than burning it to a disc but then I don’t think that it is making any difference and I am still getting the same result the only difference is that now it is getting stuck at 85 percent and it is still not burning the dvd, is there anything else that I can try out now?? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I think that you should better try out the same process with some other video file and also make sure that it is having some other source VIDEO_TS folder, just check it out and then let me know if it is making any difference. Best of luck.