Thread: Getting clicking sound in recording when using USB Turntable with creator 2012

Getting clicking sound in recording when using USB Turntable with creator 2012

I am having creator 2012 and I am using ION TTUSB10 for Digitize LPs and Tapes and the problem that I am facing is that when I am recording a sound then I am getting a clicking sound in the recording but then it is not from the lp I think, I am sure about the same because I have tested the same with other software and I am not facing the same, is there anyone who has an idea about this and can help me with the same?

Re: Getting clicking sound in recording when using USB Turntable with creator 2012

I am having creator 2012 and I am using ION TTUSB10 for Digitize LPs and Tapes and the problem that I am facing is that when I am recording a sound then I am getting a clicking sound in the recording but then it is not from the lp I think, I am sure about the same because I have tested the same with other software and I am not facing the same, is there anyone who has an idea about this and can help me with the same?
    I have noticed the same problem with the Tech. Sl 1200 turntable on my mac, I have also tried to use the same with my dell laptop which is running on windows 7 and I have got the same response, I mean that whenever I am recording a sound and when I am playing it then there is a constant clicking sound in the playback. I don’t think that this issue is because of the sound that I am recording because by now I have tried out a number of albums but then I have got the same result, if anyone finds a solution to solve this out then please share it here, it will be highly appreciated.

Re: Getting clicking sound in recording when using USB Turntable with creator 2012

I have found a solution to get rid of this clicking sound and it is my just making use of the click event of the Roxio Sound Editor, I have tried it out myself so I am quite sure that it works, I had noticed this problem in 2009 and 2010 as well where there used to be a clicking sound in the start & end, I think that this is some kind of bug and they really need to work on the same, If am still having the old 2006 and 2006 where 2009 works fine with xp and not with other windows where as the 2006 works fine with xp and vista. There have been a no of people who have raised the issue but then I don’t think that the roxio guys are caring about it at all.

I think that you were having other case because you are talking about the clicking noise in the start and at the end of the recording where as he has mentioned that he is getting the clicking noise constantly throughout the recording, so it is clearly a different issue, If it is possible then just send me the sample recording where you have noticed the clicking sound, as this will help me to understand the problem better.

Just to be quick I am having the following:
    • Dell D830(Windows 7 32 bit)
    • 4 gig memory
    • Intel core 2 dual
    • Sigmatel Audio

I have been recording sound from Roland VS-2480 and at the end of the recording when I check the sound than there is the same clicking noise, I was not having this problem previously but then this issues has been appearing with the latest creator 2011 and 2012.

I am not sure if this solution will work out for you or not but then I just wanted to share that I have just connected the ION player with the help of the RCA jacks and a Roxio video capture USB unit and the problem appears to be solved, I mean I have not found the same clicking sound this time, if you want then you all can try out the same and see if it is making difference in your case as well, till then I will try to do some more experiments and will share the results as well.

Hey you can just check out the below audio file that I have attached:
    audio file
    I don’t think that the sound is coming from the s/w supplied with the turntable but then just check it out and then let me know what you think about the same??

I have checked out the same and it is sounding to be quite faster than 2Hz click, I just wanted to ask you that were there any other usb that was connected to your system during the recording and so???