Thread: Need help with roxio creator 2012(bundled with Divx converter, divx plus player and divx movies)

Need help with roxio creator 2012(bundled with Divx converter, divx plus player and divx movies)

I am using roxio creator 2012 and I have bundled the same with Divx converter, divx plus player and divx movies and the problem that I am facing with it is that when I am trying to pay a file or when I am trying to rip one of the file using the above programs then the file type is not getting recognized and it says to download direct x and something like that, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out??

Re: Need help with roxio creator 2012(bundled with Divx converter, divx plus player and divx movies)

I am using roxio creator 2012 and I have bundled the same with Divx converter, divx plus player and divx movies and the problem that I am facing with it is that when I am trying to pay a file or when I am trying to rip one of the file using the above programs then the file type is not getting recognized and it says to download direct x and something like that, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out??
    Before I suggest you something about the same, I just wanted to know the following:
    • Specification of the system that you are using?
    • What is the type of file that you are trying to play and getting such errors?
    • What are you trying to rip actually?

Just answer the above question for further help.

Re: Need help with roxio creator 2012(bundled with Divx converter, divx plus player and divx movies)

I am having dell ispiron 1545 and its specification is as followed:
    • windows 7 pro
    • dual intel 2.3ghz cpus
    • 4gb ram

I have been trying to rip my DVDs to my HD in AVI or divx format which will be later loaded to the media streaming NAS and the problem that I am find here is that when I am playing it in DIVX plus Player then I am getting the following error message:
    " Unsupported Format
    This video is and unsupported format and cannot be played without downloading additional direct show features"

After getting this error I have tried using the divx converter and when I inserted a vob file type cd then I got an "Error 22" message and it also said that it is not able to recognize the file type and so.I don’t know why is it so, any help for this will be appreciated.

I think that you should first check out the DirectX version in your machine and in order to do the same just follow the below steps:
    • Just go in to start and then click on run
    • After that type “dxdiag” without the quotes and then hit enter
    • When you get a new box then just click on the Sound tab and then just make sure that it is saying yes in the Driver section and also check that there is no problem mentioned under the notes
    • Also click on the Display tab and just make sure that it is saying yes in the Driver section and check there is no problem reported below
    • When you are done with the same then just click on the System tab and click on Save All Information.

Just check out all of the above and then let me know if you are not having the same.

As far as I am aware the Roxio software allows converting an encrypted dvd just because they take it as illegal, so I don’t think that you will be able to do what you are willing too. Hope that helps.

I am aware about the same but then I just wanted to know that it is understood that the roxio may not allowed doing the same but then what about the DIVx?? I think that it is completely legal if we are just making a digital back up of your music/video purchases as far as if it is for the backup purposes. I just wanted to know that when it is legal to rip cds to ipods and media players then why is it illegal to rip dvd to a portable digital format, what do you think about the same??

See if the source is encrypted then breaking the encryption is just illegal no matter if you try to do the same with the DCSS or some other program and no matter if you have bought the original physical disc as well, in their opinion as far as the legal terms are considered you are just having a plastic.