Thread: Getting "No Signal" message when trying to import old VHS tape files in Creator 2012 Pro

Getting "No Signal" message when trying to import old VHS tape files in Creator 2012 Pro

I have recently bought Creator 2012 Pro and I have installed the same in order to transfer some of my old VHS tapes and I am running windows 7 on my computer as well, actually I have uninstalled the previous version if of the roxio that I was having and have installed Roxio 2012 pro and the problem that I am facing is that when I am connecting the cable to my VCR and then when I am inserting the tape then I am getting a "no signal" message, I don’t know what’s wrong is there anyone who has an idea about this??

Re: Getting "No Signal" message when trying to import old VHS tape files in Creator 2012 Pro

I have recently bought Creator 2012 Pro and I have installed the same in order to transfer some of my old VHS tapes and I am running windows 7 on my computer as well, actually I have uninstalled the previous version if of the roxio that I was having and have installed Roxio 2012 pro and the problem that I am facing is that when I am connecting the cable to my VCR and then when I am inserting the tape then I am getting a "no signal" message, I don’t know what’s wrong is there anyone who has an idea about this??
    I have faced the same problem before but in my case it was the RCA cable and after changing the same the problem was solved and I was able to perform my task without any problem, I am not very sure if you are having the same case but then just check it out.

Re: Getting "No Signal" message when trying to import old VHS tape files in Creator 2012 Pro

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that what is the device that you are using for converting the analog signal from the VHS to the digital signal to your computer?? Io am asking so because the does not have that device and it does not have the drivers for the other devices as well, have you involved some kind of scart device??

As far as the cable is concerned I am using the conversion AV cable which I have got with the VCR and I have hooked the same in to the USB port of my computer and I have connected it with the RCA cable from my VHS recorder, I don’t think that there is any problem with the cable and all, I think that there is something else that is wrong, is there any other solution that I can try put to fox this issue??

I just wanted to know that from where you have bought the Creator 2012?? In order to check it out just open the homepage and then click on the help and then check out the about section and then let me know what you are getting??

I have got it from the webpage of Roxio and I have checked regarding the software and it says the following:
    • Roxio Creator 2012 Pro
    • Version 13.5; 6.0.0.0

Ok that’s not an issue, just plug the Roxio USB Capture Device to the port of you computer and then go in to the control panel and then go in to the administrative tool and then in the computer management and then click on the device manager and then in the left pane you will get a list of drivers that are installed on your computer so just check out in the sound, video and game controllers if there is any driver that has been marked with yellow exclamation or if you find anything suspicious. Just check it out and then let me know.