Thread: Microsoft Outlook 2011 not showing all emails in Exchange server inbox.

Microsoft Outlook 2011 not showing all emails in Exchange server inbox.

I have upgraded my outlook 2011 to 14.1.2 and experiencing a problem with seeing all the mails in my inbox on the exchange server! My inbox shows the “Unread” message but when I go into it by opening the inbox then there is no unread message in it! If I separate the inbox into list of “My computer ” and “exchange server” folder then the unread message shows up automatically in Exchange folder. Again if I go to the computer and check the Outlook then missing message is also present there! I have Mac OS X 10.6.8! Only fix I have is to close and re-launch the outlook! Do you guys have any solution to this?

Re: Microsoft Outlook 2011 not showing all emails in Exchange server inbox.

Yes, this is the known issue with outlook 2011 introduced after the recent update! I have also found only workaround that is re-launching the outlook 2011! If you would like Microsoft to take action on this, then you can send the report or feedback to Microsoft by using the help tab. Use “Send feedback” tool from there. You will find this option in any Microsoft Office application!

I have a problem related to mails only but little different! I am using outlook 14.1.0 on Mac Book Pro! When I launch the outlook with view selected as conversation, all the mails are viewed as unread! If I quit the application and then if again re-launch it then it gets repaired and mails are sorted correctly as “read” and “unread” but not all the time. Sometimes I have to do it more than one time to make it correct! If I arrange the mail box by the date of receiving then none of the mails are showed as unread! With all this problem outlook dock always shows the correct number of mails like the outlook inbox!

I have had lot of problems with outlook and now have stopped using it completely! I am using the “Mail.app” which looks like more reliable to me than outlook as a support for Exchange! This problem can be a bug that might not have got caught while debugging at Microsoft lab! I hope Microsoft will find this and solve our problem!

Many users are complaining about unread messages not being visible in their inbox in the outlook but they are able to see them on their phones and other applications! I have personally tried removing the outlook cache many times but the problem remains! So finally I returned to “Mac mail” and now able to see all the mails properly!

Hey guys, I have found another bug herein the outlook! If I receive an e-mail with file attached that has the extension of .hqx then this mail never shows up in my inbox! I thought this will be just a regular problem but then I again tried it for several other times and found that outlook doesn’t show mail that has .hqx attachment in it! I can see this only in iPhone or in outlook webapp.

Same situation here. Outlook 2011 with all updates. Only way to fully populate inbox is to quit and restart application. ????