Thread: How To Burn at 4x speed using Roxio Creator 2012

question How To Burn at 4x speed using Roxio Creator 2012

My Computer has Windows Xp Operating System. I am using the HP DVD 1270 Burner with the Roxio Creator 2012 software and the main problem that I am facing that I am not able to write the disc or DVD lower than the 16X speed. I have even tried with Sony DVD-R and even with the Memorex DVD-R but the problem is still persisting. Can anyone explain me why is this happening? Thank You.

star Re: How To Burn at 4x speed using Roxio Creator 2012

I have read your query and I would like to help you out of this problem. But first, I want to ask something. Can you give me the name of that application which you are using the Roxio Creator 2012 for the burning? When you insert the empty DVD in the DVD-ROM then after that have you tried to change the speed of the burning from the burning options for the application that you use? It would be helpful to me to give you a solution if you provide me the details which I have asked.

idea Re: How To Burn at 4x speed using Roxio Creator 2012

Original Post by GaganjyotTechie:

I have read your query and I would like to help you out of this problem. But first, I want to ask something. Can you give me the name of that application which you are using the Roxio Creator 2012 for the burning? When you insert the empty DVD in the DVD-ROM then after that have you tried to change the speed of the burning from the burning options for the application that you use? It would be helpful to me to give you a solution if you provide me the details which I have asked.
    I am using the video copy and convert application in the Roxio Creator 2012 to burn and the main problem is that I am only able to select the 16X speed options for burning.

star Re: How To Burn at 4x speed using Roxio Creator 2012

DikraJi said:

I am using the video copy and convert application in the Roxio Creator 2012 to burn and the main problem is that I am only able to select the 16X speed options for burning.
    Still you have not given me the exact detail about the application that you are using. Never mind, as far as my knowledge is concerned you might be using the video copy and convert in the Copy DVD mode. I am not 100% sure about this. You are having the serious problem then. The drive that you are using should be allowed to burn with the multiple speed options. Even with the Sony and the Memorex it should give you the choice of the multiple options. Just do this and tell me what happens:

Go to the Burning settings options and check whether which it shows the choice between these three:-

• Memorex Disc.
    • Sony Disc.
    • No Disc.

sad Re: How To Burn at 4x speed using Roxio Creator 2012

The problem is still occurring. I have tried to hook up the sony external drive and along with the both disc I am able to choose the speed options for the Burning. But when I hook the HP Drive then this option of the speed gets disabled. I don’t know why is this happening?

Re: How To Burn at 4x speed using Roxio Creator 2012

Original Post by DikraJi:

The problem is still occurring. I have tried to hook up the sony external drive and along with the both disc I am able to choose the speed options for the Burning. But when I hook the HP Drive then this option of the speed gets disabled. I don’t know why is this happening?
    Hmm, well then the problem is with your HP drive then because the speed options are showing with the Sony drive as you said. There is a software available for your drive which will enable you to select the different speed options. The name of that software is ‘ImgBurn’. This software is used by many users who has the problem same as yours. The size of the software is to 5.5MB and you can download and install it very easily. After downloading the software follow this:

• Insert a blank DVD in the HP Drive.
    • Run the ImgBurn software.
    • Click on the "Write Image File to Disc” option.
    • This will show you the speed options of the Burning in the dropdown bar.
    • After press ALT + F4 and exit the ImgBurn as you are not burning anything yet.
    • Now perform the Burning of the CD or DVD from your HP drive. This must show the multiple speed options for you. If this is not happening then there is some serious problem with your HP Drive. I would then suggest you to better replace that drive.

Good Luck.