Thread: Internal Database gets Corrupted in Virtual DJ

sad Internal Database gets Corrupted in Virtual DJ

Hi all,

I am really very much annoyed because of this problem. I have a PC with Windows Xp Service Pack 1 operating system. Whenever I open the Virtual DJ software an error message occurs saying that the “Internal Data Corrupted”. When this error comes than all the songs list and the cue points which I have worked on are lost and again I have to start from the initial cue points of the songs to analyze and work but this is really time consuming and hectic for me. I have to work a lot on the songs using the Virtual DJ software every week and this problem is a big head-ache for me now.Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance for the answers.

Re: Internal Database gets Corrupted in Virtual DJ

I think that the problem that you are facing is because you might not be shutting down the Virtual DJ Software properly. Sometimes when the power cuts off then the PC gets off suddenly and this might too be the problem due to which the data got corrupted. So i will suggest you to close the Virtual DJ properly because if you don’t do so you will be losing your Virtual Database.

sad Re: Internal Database gets Corrupted in Virtual DJ

I always shut down the Virtual DJ properly and the problem of the power cut has never occurred in my house. Even after that the Virtual data gets corrupted. Please help me.

If you shut down the Virtual DJ properly then the problem would be different due to which the data gets corrupted. The problem might be due to the defected RAM modules of the system. You should look for a software for this. I am using the Virtual DJ on my system from long time but my data has not been corrupted till now. I would also suggest you to keep the backup of the database if you have not done it. Hope this helps. Thank You.

sad Re: Internal Database gets Corrupted in Virtual DJ

When this problem started I was always made the copy of the Virtual DJ Database which was in the xml document every four days and I stored that database in the another drive. When the data gets corrupt I used to replace that database with the one which I have copied in another drive so that I did not have to start from the beginning. Even after doing that I was missing some of the cues in the songs. Please help me with a possible solution. Please.

star Re: Internal Database gets Corrupted in Virtual DJ

I want to know what is the size of the xml Virtual DJ Database file. Does the size is crossing over 25MB?

If your answer is yes then don’t worry the V4 will be able to solve your problems of the Corrupted Database. I have read on the developer forums that they were testing the V4 and during the testing the size limitation of the xml database file error was seen and that bug is now fixed by the developers. You will just have to wait till the release date of the V4. I hope you will.

idea Re: Internal Database gets Corrupted in Virtual DJ

I had the same problem of the Database getting Corrupted. I am fond of the music and I like to add the 100 to 150 songs every week to my database. Just follow this:
    • Go to the Local Drive C and open the program files folder.
    • Go to Virtual DJ folder.
    • Remove the Corrupt Database file.
    • Analyze the full music songs again.

I had downloaded and installed the Virtual DJ on my computer and I have analyzed almost the 150gig of the music files.

idea Re: Internal Database gets Corrupted in Virtual DJ

I have told this to many users who are on the Virtual DJ that always keep the backup of the music files database. This would help you if the data gets corrupted and then you can replace that corrupted database with the one which you have saved. I always keep a copy of my database in the D drive folder.

I think so many of the Virtual DJ users are facing this problem of the Corrupted Database because I have seen a common discussion about this topic in many forums. I would suggests you that if you are still working with the older versions of the Virtual DJ then please get it updated by the latest version. Many bugs are there still with the older version and not fixed till yet.