Thread: Color Scheme has Been Changed to Windows 7 Basic message while using Roxio Creator 2012

Color Scheme has Been Changed to Windows 7 Basic message while using Roxio Creator 2012

In my computer I have windows 7 operating system and I have recently installed Roxio Creator 2012 in my computer and after installing that in my computer whenever I open Roxio Creator 2012 at that time It says The Color Scheme has Been Changed to Windows 7 Basic. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Color Scheme has Been Changed to Windows 7 Basic message while using Roxio Creator 2012

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that you should right click on the desktop and after that you have to select personalization option and then click on themes. Now after clicking on themes you have to change the theme from there and after that click on OK and then see whether it makes any difference or not.

Re: Color Scheme has Been Changed to Windows 7 Basic message while using Roxio Creator 2012

I totally agree with the above solution. Many times by changing the theme we can solve this type if problems. In my system I was also facing similar type of problems and after that I have to know that it was the theme causing the problem which I have installed additionally in my PC and after that I have I have applied the theme from control panel>personalization>Themes which is predefine in windows 7 and after applying different theme in my computer my problem get solved. Now I am not facing any problem. I think you should also try this solution and then your problem will get solved.

Have you tried to solve this problem by running the Aero Troubleshooter in your computer? If you have not tried to solve this problem by running the Aero Troubleshooter and after running the Aero Troubleshooter you have to check whether you are facing same problem or not. I think after running the Aero Troubleshooter your problem will get solved.

If you don’t know about how to run Aero Troubleshooter then you have to first open control panel in your computer and after opening the control panel in your computer you have to select display all items from the control panel and then you have to select personalization option and after that you have to click on the “Troubleshoot problems with transparency and other Aero effects” option which you will find below desktop and screen saver options.

After that it will open Aero troubleshooter and then click on next and it will solve the problems.

According to me you should try to solve this problem by enabling the hardware acceleration option in your system. You have to first check whether hardware acceleration is enabled in your system or not if it is not enabled then you have to enable it and then you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

To enabled hardware acceleration you have to follow these steps.
    • Open control panel in your computer and after opening the control panel you have to select personalization.
    • Now select display setting.
    • Choose advance setting.
    • After selecting the advance setting you have to go to the trouble shooting tab.
    • Select change setting option.
    • Now enable hardware acceleration from there.
    • Click on OK.
    • After that restart the system.

I have followed your solution and after running the Aero troubleshooter also I was facing same problem and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by enabling the hardware acceleration but that does not help me to solve this problem. I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling Roxio in my computer but that does not helped me to solve this problem.

Now what should I do to solve this issue?

Well according to me you have to go to the BIOS setting in your computer and after that you have to increase the dedicated video memory and after that you have to save that setting and after saving the setting restart the system and after restarting the system check whether your problem get solved or not.

I think this problem has occurred because of the windows corruption and that is why I would like to tell you that you should insert windows7 installation disk in your computer and then you have to select repair option aft restarting the computer and after doing that you have to repair the windows and after repairing the windows your problem will get solved. As far as I know after trying this trick you will not get this problem while starting the Roxio creator.

As you have said that I have to repair windows in my computer and after going though that I have repair the windows in my computer and after repairing the windows in my computer all the things started working like a charm. Thank you for helping me.