Thread: Microsoft Office 2011 installation stuck by the Safari browser message in Mac

Microsoft Office 2011 installation stuck by the Safari browser message in Mac

I was installing Microsoft office 2011 when suddenly I got message in dialog box saying “you must quit the following application before continuing” it was targeting Safari browser. I had no browser running at that time still it says so. I can’t restart the computer because installation is in progress. How to solve this problem?

re: Microsoft Office 2011 installation stuck by the Safari browser message in Mac

This might come handy for you:
    1. Go to your dock and find the Safari icon there. It appears as blue compass .
    2. Click that icon to start the safari, then choose file from menu and click on the “quit” to close the browser. Simply closing the window does not close the browser in Mac like it used to in windows.

re: Microsoft Office 2011 installation stuck by the Safari browser message in Mac

I followed your advice and was able to install the office successfully, but I have another problem now! Office is installed in administrator and my user account only! I have another account on my Mac, is there way using which I can have office in my another account?

Check, if you have installed the office in the main application folder or not. It is available to all users only if you have installed in main application folder. It does not automatically install icons in docks for all users. You can still have the Safari icon on your dock by these way:
    1. You can directly drag the Safari icon to the dock
      Or
    2. Select application from application folder. Select “keep in dock” option when it shows in the dock to pin it into the other dock of user you want!