Thread: Sort Data disabled in Microsoft Excel 2007

Sort Data disabled in Microsoft Excel 2007

I have two columns that I want to sort. Unfortunately, stupid Excel 2007 has "Sort & Filter" on the "Home" ribbon, and everything on the "Data" ribbon disabled. Why can't I sort? And why on earth did Microsoft move everything around. Nothing works like it used to. It's so very frustrating!

Re: Sort Data disabled in Microsoft Excel 2007

Check if you have more than one worksheet selected. If so, click on the tab of an unselected sheet or if all selected, click on any tab. (Multiple sheets are selected by holding Ctrl key and clicking on another sheet.)

I found out the problem: Excel had the label "[Group]" in the header. I looked that up on this forum and found that I had to right click the sheet tab and select "Ungroup". Talk about this new Office being so totally unintuitive! I've used Excel for more than a decade, I'm a computer programmer, and yet this new Office from Microsoft has all of this hidden little quirks that are incredibly frustrating.

I'm here at work just a very stupid problem with Excel. I have just one price table. These will now be sorted so that top of the table the lowest in the table below are the highest values. The table is divided as follows:
    • Column A - AY = ZIP
    • Line 6-65 = weight

In between are just the individual prices for the desired code and the corresponding weight. Now partly come about results that we say are cheaper than 150kg 100kg. The backdrops are unimportant first. The point is that in each column is now the lowest price above the highest price is given below. Normally it works via Data -> Sort -> Ascending, too easily just not in this case. Some sort Excel columns correctly, while others again not or only partially. I would now like to know what the reason could well lie. I can not do absolutely no sense of it. The awards themselves are all formatted as numbers, because it is not likely to fail. There are only numbers entered in the cells.

It is quite possible with a VBA macro.
    • The table you want to sort, you name it "news"
    • the cell under the first sort column named "col1"
    • the cell under the second sort column is called "col2"
    • the cell under the third sort column is called "col3"

All these names are examples used in the macro of course. You have to this macro in the sheet in question and whenever a cell changes value table is sorted.
    Code:
    Private Sub Worksheet_Change (ByVal adrcel As Range) 
    Range ("Information"). Sort Key1: = Range ("col1"), Order1: = xlAscending, _ 
    Key2: = Range ("col2") ORDER2: = xlAscending, _ 
    Key3: = Range ("col3") ORDER3: = xlAscending, _ 
    Header: = xlYes, OrderCustom: = 1, MatchCase: = False, _ 
    Orientation: = xlTopToBottom 
    End Sub
    It is obvious that this is a working example but it can be improved by ensuring that the modified cell is actually part of the table for example.