Thread: Move and Resize Image not working in Microsoft Excel

Move and Resize Image not working in Microsoft Excel

I have a spreadsheet which was created by a C# application. There are images (pasted jpegs from code) on a number of worksheets in the workbook. When I open the spreadsheet in Excel I can't select, move, resize, etc these images. I also notice that all the menu items under Insert/Picture are disabled. The cells don't appear to be locked and there are no permissions (unrestricted access) to this Shared workbook. All the text, numbers and formulas are selectable and editable. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Re: Move and Resize Image not working in Microsoft Excel

I just had the same prob, which led me to your post... then we figured it out (at least in our case.) When the images were pasted into Excel, multiple sheets were selected. his pasted the image onto multiple sheets and prevented us from moving or editing the image in any way. I also noticed this issue the other day when I had multiple sheets selected and found that I was unable to move one of the page break preview lines. Once I deselected the other sheets, everything worked fine. As for the image, once we selected only one sheet we were able to move and edit the image. I hope this helps.

Re: Move and Resize Image not working in Microsoft Excel

It looks some issue with Microsoft Excel. The more you can do is set the settings to default or run a re-installation. Check the page settings. Image resize is the most common thing you can do on Excel and if you cannot see the option try to right click on that and choose Format.