Thread: Getting sound deteriorates while playing on Hercules rmx with virtual DJ

Getting sound deteriorates while playing on Hercules rmx with virtual DJ

I had Hercules rmx with the basic version of virtual DJ, but then I upgraded it to the newest version of virtual DJ pro. Now the problem is that while mixing I notice the change in sound quality, there is no issue when I play the song in same pitch but when I increase or decrease the pitch of the song the sound gets deteriorates. Example: I a playing song at 128 bpm and I want to mix the song that is 130 bpm. I adjust the 128 bpm sound to 128 bpm and the sound will be deteriorates. So I just want to know that is this common problem in virtual DJ, how to fix this problem. Please guy’s help me in solving this problem.

Re: Getting sound deteriorates while playing on Hercules rmx with virtual DJ

If you are using keylock or master tempo then check in configuration setting, see performance check that you have advanced stretching selected. Sound quality will be poor if have fast stretching selected. And these uses much lower CPU.

Thanks, for quick reply. Yes, I have selected advanced stretching selected but I have not done any changes in that. The sound was like it had cut out lot of treble and it sound like phaser where it should be sound like treble. This deteriorate sound are not noticeable on low, but it is highly noticeable when crashes is going I even upgrade my Hercules drivers and also tested my sound card of my computer versus Hercules sound card which is default.

Hey, have same problem. But I have noticed that the sound quality gets deteriorate when I pitch fader on my Hercules rmx but when I use mouse to change pitch the sound is same. And all other thing looks fine when I don’t mess with the sound quality.

If you have selected wide range of sound pitch then you should decrease it to 8%. The adjustment will be necessary because the Hercules rmx has only 128 unique steps to the slider.

The quality of sound is affected when I try to use both pitch control on Hercules rmx. I usually set the pitch range to 33% but now I set it to 8% my issue got solved thanks for your suggestion I really appreciate for that.

Hey, I am confused first you said that you had problem when you adjust the tempo that is when you adjust the 130 bmp to 128 bmp as far as I know this is not pitch, this is tempo. Pitch is when you change the key to make the sound high or low in terms of actual pitch. When you have key lock on, the voice of sound should stay same where as the terrible part will stutter little. It will not stutter too much just you can hear it. And if the keylock is off then the voice change like chipmunks but it won’t stutter.

Even I have Hercules rmx and virtual DJ on my vista and Mac both. It works fine I never had this issue. As you describe you get deteriorate sound when you adjust 130 to 128 bpm that should not be happen. The sound should be good, because if you are adjusting 100 with 130 the it will make a big difference, the sound will be bad.

Thanks for taking interest, I know that bmp are referred as tempo, but it is labeled as pitch in my rmx. It also shows same pitch name when I roll my mouse over the slider on the screen, and that’s the reason I referred it as pitch.