Thread: virtual DJ for Mac is just ok not that good.

virtual DJ for Mac is just ok not that good.

I just bought new Macbook pro Intel 17 2.0 GHz running OS X Lion in it and I have installed virtual DJ software in it. I bought the Macbook because it is more reliable. Before buying Macbook pro I had dell studio dual core which was running windows 7. Mixing virtual DJ in my dell studio was the great experience no matter what ever the file format I used, and now when I play same virtual DJ in my Macbook pro it lagging and found jitter sync problem also it don’t play some of file format like MKV and MP4. Guy’s please tell me solution how can I fix this virtual DJ problem.

Re: virtual DJ for Mac is just ok not that good.

Hi, I have Macbook air 2gb with i5 processor running in it. I have virtual DJ in my air Macbook which works fine and runs all the format without lagging, so I think that you must download and erase program. Let me know what kind of control you are using?

This Is brand new Macbook pro which I bought 2 weeks ago, I am using Hercules DJ console 4-MX which was working great with my dell studio. The MP4 and MKV file formats are large file which are more than 100 MB each file, but when I use same virtual DJ and same MP4 with mu computer I can play it. And the other problem is that when I play any video and when I stop and pause the video continues to play without sound, and when I run same video on different player or on my computer it runs without problem in my Macbook pro.

The problem of not playing files in your Macbook must because of the video card, because the most Macbook user using 13 video card are facing this problem, because this video card can’t handle in most cases the traffic.

Experience same problem with my Macbook while playing virtual DJ, so I tried using different DJ software. I download a software called PCDJ which worked fine without any problem in my Macbook but I don’t want to use PCDJ I find the virtual DJ as best DJ software and also I am more comfortable with virtual DJ as I was using it from many year.

I gues the problem of the video which play’s continuously without sound on stopping is because the video file must be 1080p. Reduce the video file to 720p it will work.

Virtual DJ was originally made for windows operating system not for Mac users. I had crashed my Mac occasionally because of virtual DJ. So I stopped using virtual DJ. Windows I windows is more stable than Mac. Also the Mac is twice expensive than windows. Hope the new version that is coming which has written for scratch include ac versions that support all effects, file format and videos without problem like it run in windows.

Even I like virtual DJ more than any other DJ software, I tried using traktor pro v2 but it was not as good as virtual DJ so I have done two partition in my computer and run both Mac and windows. Windows specially for my virtual DJ and Mac for my normal use.

I don’t think that because of Mac the virtual DJ is not working. Because there also many virtual DJ user who use virtual DJ in Mac without any issue. I think that you must check the software that you have downloaded. I am using Mac from 15 years, Mac is great machine.

15 years ago Mac hardware like all CPU parts and memory were build by Motorola. Those days Mac was in US an some parts in Europe, but now it is made china and OSX is made in India, and there are lots of bugs that after every month the update is available on apple site. It’s only the looks that make people fell Mac more reliable. As today in Mac there are many problem not just virtual DJ but also many other problems

The only solution in this case is that those who us3e Macbook use different DJ software and the those who are using computer boot your PC do partition and install windows in one partition and install Mac on other.

so i have the macbook air but not the brand new,mine has only 1 usb port , video adapter and sound card . i'm running virtual dj pro 7 but i'm having problems with the software it's running too slow plus i need to have an external hard disk plug in with music ( 1tb space) .
    It has only 2 gb of ram and ,256 of video
    My question is . is this enough to run Virtual DJ pro 7 ?

Quote Originally Posted by palermosurf View Post
    so i have the macbook air but not the brand new,mine has only 1 usb port , video adapter and sound card . i'm running virtual dj pro 7 but i'm having problems with the software it's running too slow plus i need to have an external hard disk plug in with music ( 1tb space) .
    It has only 2 gb of ram and ,256 of video
    My question is . is this enough to run Virtual DJ pro 7 ?
    Well, you will need a better sound card that will support virtual dj pro 7 on macbook air, since it is already running to slow on your current machine specs. Also, I have heard that improvement is still going on for mac to play softwares like virtual dj pro on it, since pc version supports are way to good as compared.

well i do have a better sound card and Numark controller device , it happens mostly when i'm already running the program ,
    But i think i need a better Video card maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by palermosurf View Post
    well i do have a better sound card and Numark controller device , it happens mostly when i'm already running the program ,
    But i think i need a better Video card maybe ?
    Yes since VirtualDJ is the hottest AUDIO and VIDEO mixing software you need to have a better sound card as well as video card for running this software?? which is the video card in your case??