Thread: Unable to install free version of Ad-Aware on Windows Vista

Unable to install free version of Ad-Aware on Windows Vista

I have recently bought the Acer laptop and windows vista presents on this laptop. Yesterday, i finish the downloading of the free version of the Ad Adware. After finishing such downloading successfully, i simply try to install it on my windows vista but can't able to install it. I need few helpful suggestions that works to fix this problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to install free version of Ad-Aware on Windows Vista

In that case, you need to first check the ad aware antivirus that you used is downloaded from the correct official site or not. Its necessary for getting the correct setup of this antivirus. So, use the official site for getting its free version. Its well for you.

Also in this situations, simply check that you used the administrator account on your system for running such setup files. If you never using such administrator account for installing this ad aware antivirus program, then log on to the administrator account. Then try to run this setup files. Its well for you to install with the admin account.

As per my own information, i used the administrator account for this installation of the ad-aware antivirus. also i used the correct source site for getting this free version. Hence please suggest any other solutions that works to solve my unable to install problem. I'm waiting such useful information.

Quote Originally Posted by GPower View Post
    As per my own information, i used the administrator account for this installation of the ad-aware antivirus. also i used the correct source site for getting this free version. Hence please suggest any other solutions that works to solve my unable to install problem. I'm waiting such useful information.
    In that case, at the time of downloading and installing the free version of the ad-aware antivirus setup file, just disable the windows firewall program. Hence simply try to just use the inbuilt firewall disabling option and set it to the disabled state. Then try this installtion of the free version antivirus on your vista. Its well for you.

Same problem arrives on my system. i also try this process but at the end, i found that the free version can't be installed on the windows based system. Most of the time, such a free version not supported to the system that we choose for the installation purpose. Hence don't try to install this free version of the ad-aware antivirus.

yes, i have similar problem on my system. Then i simply check the system requirement of this free version of the ad-aware antivirus program. Source site describes this at the time of downloading. At this time, i found that the problem is related to the compatibility. free version of the ad-aware is not compatible with the windows vista. hence you need to confirm this and check its output.

I have another problem that similar with this ad-aware antivirus program. when i simply try to download this free version from one site, then i found that the downloading goes failure. Hence i avoid such free version and just try downloading with the recently available AdAware 9.5.1 program. It works and the installation also goes into the right direction.

In such kind of cases, there is necessary to just use such latest version of the antivirus on your windows vista. Recently developer launch the AdAware 9.5.1 program. Hence use such program and check that the site you use is providing correct compatible setup file or not. Its even better for you to fix such installation problem by avoiding the free version and getting latest version of this program.

Well, i am getting different experience with this free version of the ad-aware program. I just downloaded and install this program on online way. Online downloading and installation of the program on the same system has works well on my system. Hence i would be say that to simply use the correct site. then also check the compatibility of the antivirus. This is well for getting successfully install ad-aware program message.