Thread: Unable to see new emails in Microsoft Outlook with 14.1.4 update in Mac 10.7.2 unless you re-launch it.

Unable to see new emails in Microsoft Outlook with 14.1.4 update in Mac 10.7.2 unless you re-launch it.

I have been having problems with my outlook 2011,since I have updated office to 14.14. I can’t see my new emails in my inbox unless I quit the application and re-launch it. Also I am not able to move my mails to the folder. Is this the common issue with 14.1.4 update or it is just me? Is there any fix available to this? I am using the Mac Pro with Mac OS 10.7.2 ?

re: Unable to see new emails in Microsoft Outlook with 14.1.4 update in Mac 10.7.2 unless you re-launch it.

If you are having any problem you can roll back to the previous version of Microsoft office only if you zip the office to the Mac folder in application. You can also use the “time machine” to do the same. Otherwise you have to re-install it and then update it to that version only. I have also seen people posting that they are getting the “This Identity Cannot Be Opened With This Version of Outlook" error while attempting a open a email. This is caused when you re-install any application and then fail to upgrade. This message means that file saved with the newer version will not open in a old version. You need to upgrade your application in order to open a file.

re: Unable to see new emails in Microsoft Outlook with 14.1.4 update in Mac 10.7.2 unless you re-launch it.

This problem has been the under the discussion and few users have found the way to get new email in their inbox. They say just check/uncheck to see if you have got the mail. Doing this will automatically refresh the inbox and you will get the latest mails in your inbox.

I have 2 e-mail accounts 1st is iCloud 2nd is Google account. I haven’t set the two different mailboxes so all the emails come into my master inbox. Since I updated the Outlook to 14.1.4 I am getting delays in receiving the mails. I am also not able to synchronize the master inbox. I want your suggestions on this!

Since you have only Master inbox you will need to do some modifications to get your mails properly:
    1. You should make different Inbox for your e-mail account each.
    2. Go to the Outlook preferences and select “general”
    3. From there turn off the “group messages”. Now try refreshing the account.

Many users are having the same problem as this and everybody seems to have different solution for it! Here is the mine. Create new profile on your computer and setup it on the outlook. If it works for you then go back to your old account and then exchange your account. Make sure you have the exchange server setting before removing the old one!

Re: Unable to see new emails in Microsoft Outlook with 14.1.4 update in Mac 10.7.2 unless you re-launch it.

I have followed your advice but still having the same problem. I have discovered that if I delete my mails from another device they are deleted but still there unless you close and restart the application. when you will re-open the application it will be deleted from your exchange account. So this is the same old problem of not being able to update itself automatically. This is the problem caused by the new update only.

Re: Unable to see new emails in Microsoft Outlook with 14.1.4 update in Mac 10.7.2 unless you re-launch it.

I suggest that you people make report to the Microsoft and let it take the action to solve. It may be the case that you have more messages in inbox that taking time to get updated. Inbox is synchronized after every short interval .the design of the outlook is such that you can see only 512 mails at first and then it shows other mails. Same way it shows the other folders from account. It keeps the folder into the queue in order to get updated. That’s why some of you people are getting problems with the other folders then inbox.