Thread: Unable to listen to sound added into the Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 for Mac .

Unable to listen to sound added into the Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 for Mac .

I am using power point 2008 running on Mac OS. I am not able to listen to the sound added to the power point presentation. I can add the sound file easily in my power point but when I send it to another computer and play the power point it shows no sound to me! How can I solve this problem?

re: Unable to listen to sound added into the Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 for Mac .

Sound files are called as wave files. They are not supported properly in power point 2008. I think the latest office that is 2011 is capable of carrying the wave files and you should try upgrading to the office 2008 for desirable results. Or you can use the file conversion software like Zamzar or audacity to convert the wave files to the suitable file format to add into the PowerPoint presentation.

re: Unable to listen to sound added into the Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 for Mac .

There is still a chance you can add wave files and send them to another computer.
    1. Go to the preference of power point and find settings.
    2. There you need to find the “link sounds with file size greater than” and set it to the size bigger than your file size. The maximum size for wave file is 50,000.
    Delete the sound and again add it.You may get the software to convert the files but this is the best way to embed the sound/wave file to your presentation.

I did convert the file to the wave format using switch. I converted the 3 MB of mp3 to the 37 MB. Now I am not even able to mail this file nor can use it in power point presentation. It is becoming really irritating for me now! I think I also have to upgrade my office to the office 2011 now. i also heard that though 2011 supports the wave file embedding but if the wave file is big then power point will be even bigger and it will have problem to use in the mails!