Thread: Microsoft PowerPoint presentation received through E-mail is unreadable in Mac OS Lion.

Microsoft PowerPoint presentation received through E-mail is unreadable in Mac OS Lion.

I have installed Lion OS in my Mac and also using iCloud in my computer. When I receive a PowerPoint presentation from e-mail they are unreadable to me. I can only see some symbols in to the file. May be some kind of cipher it is! How can I solve this problem?

Re: Microsoft PowerPoint presentation received through E-mail is unreadable in Mac OS Lion.

This might be the cause of using old software in your system. You should update the software. You can go to the “Help” and then find update for Microsoft office 2011 from any office application. the current update version is 14.14. try and update your software to this version. I would also recommend you to repair the disk permissions after you update your office. Restart the computer and open Microsoft Office again. I guess this will help you receive the power point presentation properly.

Re: Microsoft PowerPoint presentation received through E-mail is unreadable in Mac OS Lion.

I think,it may be the fault of the sender of the e-mail.Sender may have not sent the mail properly or may be your data was corrupted while it is being transfer to you! Other thing I can suggest is check for the “font weeding”. You might like to check the file extensions of that file. The difference between the software version you two are using may create this problem. Ask the sender to resend the mail and check if error persists there.

This is not because of font weeding . The sender of this mail is using the same version like me and I always get this file to open in my computer. I can see the file content from preview mode but I am not able to read them when I open them. If I receive the same file from pen-drive and open in the computer I can read them but not from the e-mail. This problem is only with .ppt files, all other word or excel files are opening correctly.

You must have made some changes to your computer that is causing this problem. Reset those changes and see if this helps as I am also out of options for this question. You would have installed any update that was not valid and giving you the problem. Go to your mail box and check if there is an option for directly opening the file rather than downloading and then opening the file. This facility is available in most of the E-mail services.

If you think so then only thing I have changed in my computer is updating my computer to Lion and iCloud . This problem has started just after I updated to Lion OS. I have noticed that it is not regular problem as I have received some files in proper format and I was able to read them. I have no problem with sending the files and receiver is also getting these files in valid format. So I guess this is the problem with my os only.