Thread: Microsoft Office 2011 crashes on Mac OS X 10.6.8

Microsoft Office 2011 crashes on Mac OS X 10.6.8

I am using iMac in which I have MAC OS X 10.6.8 and I have recently installed Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 in my computer and after installing it in my system it has started giving me problems. While using Microsoft office It crashes randomly and I get error message. What should I do to solve this problem?

re: Microsoft Office 2011 crashes on Mac OS X 10.6.8

First you have to make sure that in your system you have not move any contents of the MS office to another location or you have not renamed anything. You have to also make sure that office updated if it is not updated then you have to update because updating the office can solve many problems.

According to me you should create new user in your system and after creating new user you have to check whether you are facing same problem with new user or not. If you are facing problem with new user also then problem is with the base system level and if you don’t face same problem with new user then issue with the user folder.

Try this solution and see whether it makes any difference or not?

If you want to create new user to test MS office then you have to follow this steps. You have to first open system preferences and after opening the system preferences you have to go to the accounts. Now after that you have to add a new account from there. You have to make it admin. Now after creating the account in your system you have to log off from the account which you are using and then you have to log In to new user account. Now after that you have to open office from there and after dong that you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not.

I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

If you are still getting same problem after creating new user in your system then you have to start your system in Safe Boot Mode. after starting the system in safe boot mode you have to see whether you get same problem or not. If you get same problem after booting in safe mode also then there might be something wrong with the office.

Well according to me you have to try to solve this problem by repairing permissions.

To repair permission you have to first open disk utility from the application folder and then you have to select repair permission from the first AID tab and after clicking on the repair permission you have to check whether it makes any difference or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved. if you need any more help regarding this then let me know.

I have tried to solve this problem by creating new user In my system and after creating the new user also I was facing same problem with my system and then I have also perform safe boot and with that also problem still occurs. Now after that I have repair permission but that does not helped me to solve this problem.

Please help me to fix this problem.

I will suggest you to first open library folder in your system and after opening the library folder you have to Preferences folder and after that select all the files called old_prefs and after that you have to move that file to desktop and then you have to log out from that user. Now after that log in again and then you will see that system is back with default setting. Now you have to check whetehr you are facing problem with the MS office in your MAC or not. If you don’t get same problem that means any of the preference files id causing this problem.

Yes I was also having same issue with the office in my system and after that I have also tested for the preference file corruption in my system and after that I come to know that problem was not occurred because of the system file corruption and then I have tried to solve this issue with the help of font weeding procedure and after performing that my problem get solved.

Re: Microsoft Office 2011 crashes on Mac OS X 10.6.8

If above solution does not helps you to solve this problem then you have to first remove office from your system completely and after removing the office you have to restart the system. Now after that install office again in your system and after doing that your problem might get solved.