Thread: Universal Restore option does not appear in the Acronis 2012 Plus Pack

Universal Restore option does not appear in the Acronis 2012 Plus Pack

I have been using the 2012 Acronis plus pack. But the problems which I’m facing is that the backups are working fine but when I’m trying to restore the thing is that I’m not able to find option for it. so for this I would like to know that from where I will get the option enabled so that I can restore the it on the option.

Re: Universal Restore option does not appear in the Acronis 2012 Plus Pack

If you are not able to find universal option for the 2012 pack than what I think it may be the demo pack and for this you have to buy the full version as demo version does not offer the some of the options.

I’m looking for buying the new laptop and for this I want to transfer all the files and other programs to the new laptop. So I want to know that will buying of the Acronis TIH2012 pack will able to do it. as I have seen that many of the friends who tried it was successful doing it but when searched for this more on other sites what I have noticed that in some of the cases it had failed doing this. And recently my brother had got stuck in similar type of case and was not able to transfer the files to other system. So I want to know that should I buy this software or try buying the similar software.

I’m looking for buying the new laptop and for this I want to transfer all the files and other programs to the new laptop. So I want to know that will buying of the Acronis TIH2012 pack will able to do it. as I have seen that many of the friends who tried it was successful doing it but when searched for this more on other sites what I have noticed that in some of the cases it had failed doing this. And recently my brother had got stuck in similar type of case and was not able to transfer the files to other system. So I want to know that should I buy this software or try buying the similar software.
    I don’t think so there should be any problem with transferring the files and the programs by using the Acronis TIH2012 pack,. As this software is reliable and also trusted one. I have been using this software from past two years and II don’t think so till the date I have any issues about the back-ups and the restore part.

I have been using the 2012 Acronis plus pack. But the problems which I’m facing is that the backups are working fine but when I’m trying to restore the thing is that I’m not able to find option for it. so for this I would like to know that from where I will get the option enabled so that I can restore the it on the option.
    If you are having the issue of the restore option disappearing then for this why don’t you try reinstalling the software as sometimes it happens. But you should doing this on the license software as it does not work on the demo software as they got the limited functions for it and also sometimes with the limited period.

Can someone, polease, refer me to any instructions that would allow me to restore a backup of my present PC to a new PC that I am building? Will a standar TIB backup file work? Or has the backup to be done with a different set of parameters that would allow me to do the system transfer? Anyone knows of any links to any instructions on this matter? I would certainly appreciate any posts from my learned fellow members oif this forum. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNut View Post
    Can someone, polease, refer me to any instructions that would allow me to restore a backup of my present PC to a new PC that I am building? Will a standar TIB backup file work? Or has the backup to be done with a different set of parameters that would allow me to do the system transfer? Anyone knows of any links to any instructions on this matter? I would certainly appreciate any posts from my learned fellow members oif this forum. Thanks.
    I am sure that you could restore an image of one computer to another computer but note that both machines should have an identical interface. Also it is not necessary to set the network between these two machines, you may just restore an image of the first machine from the bootable media to the second machine.

Quote Originally Posted by expertz View Post
    I am sure that you could restore an image of one computer to another computer but note that both machines should have an identical interface. Also it is not necessary to set the network between these two machines, you may just restore an image of the first machine from the bootable media to the second machine.
    Thanks for your help. I'll try the procedure as soon as I finish assemblying the new PC. The only thing, in your post, that I didn't quite understand is: "but note that both machines should have an identical interface". But I'll try doing it anyway. Thanks, again, for your help.