Thread: Which is best for me among Google Docs and DropBox

Which is best for me among Google Docs and DropBox

hi guys
    I'm thinking get off the Dropbox but I have google account as well and not able to deciding which of this two i should go for . can anyone here help me decide this, What you advise me? Both have similar capacity? I have understood that Dropbox can work with files without wifi connection, well, I hope advice, thanks!

Re: Which is best for me among Google Docs and DropBox

Dropbox is an interesting thing is that when you're on the same network, it passes the file directly, which is much faster than it ever possible via the Internet.

Use both and compares

It has nothing to do with Google Docs. Dropbox are something different, and if you look the same is that you do not know any of the 2 applications.

I will not explain what each one does because there is abundant documentation on the web , but if you have questions on the particular issue .

Is that just 1 week I have the BlackBerry Bold and I am slowly discovering and aware of many, I intend to put files on the net and catch them out and about with the BlackBerry , what gives me more capacity? And a little above and rough, you could tell me how they differ from each other? Thanks

Google Docs lets you create, edit and have documents on the network, and you can open from the iphone with some applications or edited from the web. Dropbox is a way to host files all types, not just related documents on the network and have them available and in sync with multiple computers and devices . An example for dropbox. I have a computer at home, another at work, BlackBerry . I make a picture with the BlackBerry and upload to dropbox, automatically when you go to work, have that picture, and the same when you get home and turn on your computer. Then get to work, make a document and save it to your pc in the folder you have configured to dropbox. As you leave the job, if you open the Dropbox application on your BlackBerry , you will see that document or whatever you post.

I think the example is quite clear, and if you have questions I suggest you try Dropbox, that if, where is explained how Dropbox works

In Google Docs you can upload long cuarquier file and if you raise at work, because obviously you can see it at home, in the IPAD or coffee if left Both systems have their strengths and weaknesses, but what is clear is that you can use any of them to leave files online and access them from another location / gadget, now that yes, while 1GB is available on GD free, DB allows 2GB

Put up a 1 gig file to Google Docs Dropbox agent ... can be crazy. Dropbox's agent has a very important virtue, and that if you modify a file, Dropbox only goes to that part of the file you modified. For example, modify a file of 200 megs, and it only costs a few seconds depending on what you changed. That's not what you can do in GoogleDocs. And for example, if you put a 1 gig file in your dropbox. going up and if you lose network connection, through which he continued when the connection returns.

If it is clear that each has its pluses and minuses, of course DB to be directed only to the synchronization of files, it will have more advantages in this field, as has his GD qur at what he does

Anyway the partial changes to files is very relative, because for example a compressed file after you add something, it totally changes its structure, so you have to upload it back full, another thing is the text, and other sequential files which itself can supplemented concatenate, but hey, that large files always are compressed

Try Dropbox with TrueCrypt and you'll wonder . Of course data TrueCrypt to make "important" in the network and forget that someone can look at. Tests when I modify something in the Dropbox truecrypt volume changes only changes and not the entire file , So you can have a volume the size you want to mount it on the network all the computers you want, but I do not advise very large volumes, with 250 megs works very well.

Dropbox provides an application for Operating system, Rim, iPad, and iPhone customers that allows you to accessibility your records from your mobile phones Google Docs Documents allows accessibility from any phone or supplement that has code abilities. It really will depend on how you want to use it and what you are comfortable with. I’d suggest creating free account with both to decide which one you like better.

I want to SugarSync over Dropbox on the whole, better protection and more no cost place at registration plus better BlackBerry app; unfortunately SugarSync doesn't function with Unix like unless using a technique. SugarSync's largest disadvantage in my opinion is it's a little more challenging to deal with pc/devices than Dropbox.