Thread: Does Office for Mac and Windows Office are same

Does Office for Mac and Windows Office are same

I need to know this simple thing about the MAC & WINDOWS office. Now I have to take the word and excel class in college which is actually based on the Windows platform but the problem is I have Mac Pc at home . now I am confused that will taking the class create any problem to Office for Mac 2011 that I have , because I really don’t wish to buy a windows PC of this purpose . can anyone here help me on this I would be really appreciating this thanks in advance

Re: Does Office for Mac and Windows Office are same

I have the same question now Specifically, I thinking to get Office 2011 for Mac and I at present have Office 2010 for PC. I've looked although can't come across a perfect answer on compatibility that's founded on knowledge. What I need to know is Will I can open plus edit files with no data or formatting loss in both software in spite of of which program they were made in? From what I familiar with, the files would have to keep the x extension as in docx vs. just doc , however are they really compatible?

As far as I know they are as good as 99.9% compatible. Except you're doing somewhat actually, in fact difficult to understand and complex you should be okay . I share files back and forth most of time and by no means had any problem yet.

I have worked with together a lot and with extremely difficult spreadsheets and forms which contain VBA in the background and have not had any problem yet working in either on Office for Mac and Windows Office . up till now I have never notice any king of format loss, much less information loss, moving between the Mac and Windows versions.

Just like to inform you I've just installed Office 2011 for Mac. And I was shocked the ribbons in the application are not similar from those of their Windows. However what IS actually irritating is that in the Mac edition of Office programs, one cannot do particular tasks without reverting to the making use of menus like for saying , I can put in a citation using the ribbon in Word, although I have to make use of a menu item to make an index of figures - that's absolute dull. Is there a good resource anywhere on the internet that might describe these difference among Mac plus Windows version of Office? I haven't establish anything yet

The problem with Office for Mac is that it's developed by an own, nearly isolated Team on the Microsoft. Their method is to create a version of Office that furnish to the particular requirement of Mac machine" as per to Microsoft. The proper approach would be to just write a one-to-one copy of Windows Office. However they would not?

I don't consider it might be fair to insist the Windows Office UI on the Mac, since , a Mac is different plus the software should incorporate with the OS to give a better experience. I believe it would just be nice if there were some level of consistency among Windows as well as Mac versions. The ribbon is a fine advance, and every ribbon items are still easy to get to through the Menubar. however instead of copying the structure, they came up with a totally new structure, which has not anything to do with the Mac, however with rather confusing statement on Microsoft's part that people utilize a Mac work in a different way.

I consider there may be a bit pretty close. I can see across all platforms perhaps the web or cloud based choice. Such as Google Docs plus MS Live Skydive/~Office. They must work similar on Windows or else Mac or ? Machines if not for browser settings.

Hey is there huge operating differences among Office 2010 for Windows plus office 2011 for Mac? I thinking on installing Bootcamp anyway, so I'm discussing between which version to finally install. like, I think that, for a time at least, macros were an problem with Office 2007 for Macs. Are there similar problem with Office 2011?

If you're going to install Windows anyhow through BootCamp plus previously have a copy of Office 2010, I suggest the Windows edition of Office. And sure, Mac Office 2011 at the moment supports macros. . The major lost of functionality for me subsequent to switching is that you unable to make change in an Exchange public calendar. We have do the entire arrangement through public calendars, so eventually I have to using Office 2010 for Windows again on Fusion. I know MS is trying to remove Public Folders finally, although why give the thing in 2010 but not 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Graduated View Post
    I need to know this simple thing about the MAC & WINDOWS office. Now I have to take the word and excel class in college which is actually based on the Windows platform but the problem is I have Mac Pc at home . now I am confused that will taking the class create any problem to Office for Mac 2011 that I have , because I really don’t wish to buy a windows PC of this purpose . can anyone here help me on this I would be really appreciating this thanks in advance
    The solution to your questing is depends on "What will they be cover in the class?" & "How application-specific have the course be developed?" Office for Mac and Windows Office make use of a compatible file format however the programs are absolutely not the similar in a lot of respects. Depending on what wants to be use & how rigid the necessities are even somebody using Windows Office 2003 might not be capable to complete homework pleasingly if the classes are deeply anchored in Windows Office 2010.