Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 starts up when I start my MacBook Pro

Windows Software

Old 11-01-2012

Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 starts up when I start my MacBook Pro

Every time I start up my laptop computer Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 automatically opens does somebody know how to cease this from happening? & that contain word, excel & PowerPoint. as well, very often when PowerPoint starts, it wonít let me close it. Can somebody her help me on this issue I would be very glad to knew this

Old 11-01-2012

Re: Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 starts up when I start my MacBook Pro

I this I know what you can do about this select System Preferences on the Apple menu. Then on the Accounts Panel, choose the Login Items pane. Over there Delete Microsoft Office item from the list hope this will help you
Old 11-01-2012

what I can suggest you is If you using the snow leopard it s just easier than that . all you have to do is click on the word icon in the Dock plus hold. That will make a window pop up . just click on the item Click on the thing I have orange item drawn to.
Old 11-01-2012

I upgraded to Lion & now Word & Excel hang at random did not see this that much with Snow Leopard, if at all. Itís like it canít find what itís looking for but what could it be looking for?
Old 11-01-2012

Just After I have upgrading to OS X Lion, while the Excel for Mac 2011 application starts plus opens a file in the Startup directory, the error message state as the file is already open as well as that reopening will reason some change you made to be useless is showed. It doesnt have any impact whether if the file is save otherwise not after opening. Is this a common problem ? I am opening the similar file I have used for years. Thanks
Old 11-01-2012

I think I can help you on this all you need to do is
  • go to Open System Preferences
  • Account
  • Click on the Login Items tab.
You be able to see the Microsoft applications listed? get rid of from Login stuff. If you don't see these listed in Login Items, after that a few other app is launching it . You can confirm by Logging out below the Apple in the Menu bar. while you Log in, just hold down the Shift key. See if they still launching? If no, the cause is one of the login items. general reason will be app like , Quicksilver, LaunchBar, iKey, Keyboard Maestro. as well, quite often as soon as PowerPoint starts, it wonít let you close it. If you are seeing a welcome window, there will be the close button on the bottom right. a few users don't see the underneath of the window to notice the shut button.
Old 12-01-2012

I thinks it might be Lion's "Resume" characteristic. If you left something open while you shutting down it will automatically start again where you left the whole thing. So I can suggest that either you can shut down the applications plus save documents or else , just go to the System Preferences and then to the General after that Uncheck Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps .

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,