Thread: After swapping Time machine hard drive Office for Mac 2011 requires re-activation key

After swapping Time machine hard drive Office for Mac 2011 requires re-activation key

This is really very ridiculous I am really frustrated by this now I replaced the Time Pc disc every week but when I do that it ask for the MS Office requires re-activation and that is really not likely . even apple support has no answer to this issue by the way These external discs are linked with eSata as well as USB 3 and contain a back-up of the system drive can anyone here help me on this I would be really be appreciating this

re: After swapping Time machine hard drive Office for Mac 2011 requires re-activation key

I installed Office 2011 and am having immense activation issues. Every time I switch the hard drive connected to that cable or have no drive at the whole Office need me to reactivate my KEY . I quickly used up the allotted number of activations Microsoft allows and now I must personally call their phone number to reactivate each time. It is annoying. it seems that adding up hard drives start Office's activation to sense you are on a dissimilar pc. I am only willing to join my SATA drives all the way through SATA otherwise eSATA and do not need to purchase an eSATA adapter since PCIe slots are incomplete after adding an RAID card and connecting the drives straight to the inside SATA connector works improved and is free. I have extensive an idle SATA port from the motherboard of my 12-core Mac to exit through the unused 2nd optical drive slot out the front. I use it to back up/get knowledge from plenty of "internal" SATA hard drives that I have laying around the house. It works great and my drives are read as in the event that they were internal drives. It is simple and effective. Has someone else installed Office 2011 and then tried to add an internal hard drive? That is fundamentally what I am doing - adding an internal hard drive, but mounting it outside my case. I have also spent plenty of hours with Microsoft tech support and they finally had to schedule a phone demand me with a advisor who will call me back in the next week.

re: After swapping Time machine hard drive Office for Mac 2011 requires re-activation key

I have problem with Office for Mac 2011 is on my computer , but after changing the hard drive it is at the moment requesting for my activation key which I cannot locate. How do I acquire or locate the key to activate, and please don't say see for previous email. I also require knowing how to find the template folder to remove some templates

NKatyayani Guest

I had my MacBook Pro SSD ruined a week back, and had to reformat plus re-install OS X. I after that used my Time Pc backup to restore the entire my data as well as programs. however at the moment, MS Office 2011 is requesting for me re-enter my Authentication Key. at the same time as I have the Office disk and here is my problem. The disk is a whole pack however it had just 1 Auth Key which is alpha numeric. The considerably irritating Office activation needs entering that key and after that using the make Activation Code to make active the program. I tried make use of the numeric Activation Code, however that is not functioning . The program claim on the longer Auth Key. however I’m scared if I re-enter that, I’ll misplace an additional license on the same Mac.

What can I do repair my first license?

Yes, MS Office uses a few hardware ID information as fraction of the activation procedure. So it assume your restore is in fact at the moment a dissimilar pc. Just reactivate it and it will work. This occur to me when I migrate from one pc to another. Even although I removed MS Office 2011 from the old pc I still had to activate the migrated software on the new pc. I did it through the automatic activation process and it worked without problem

It have to make a pc ID base on the entire the hardware at a known time plus changing out your drives is influence this. Big companies will by no means get it. actually I just go through this with a famous compositing software products and it was hurting trying get it on one workstation's hard-drive just go and we had to reinstall a fresh system. Their original "customer service" method was to treat us similar to criminal. Until the guy looked into his records plus saw that our company has previously spent thousands of dollars on multiple copies of the same plugin.

You may just locate the unusual email if you entrance your email account through a web browser. The message might still be there.

1. Go to the Finder
    2. Select Go
    3. over there Go to Folder…
    4. just Type ~/Library

and then you just Navigate to Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/My Templates

I changed my hard drive and reloaded from time pc. i was asked for my product key for office for mac 2011. the product key did not work.How do I proceedcan anyonr here help me on this I would be glad

Having the similar issue Do I have to take away Office 2008 as well? I do not contain a disc for the reason that I downloaded trial in October 2010 plus purchased a key online there was full at the time. The message I get this key is invalid please get in touch with customer services

eSata is not supported. For more specialized help with this issue, I suggest that you contact the Office Installation and Activation Support team .Office Installation and Activation Support . I think at this moment only they can help

Re: After swapping Time machine hard drive Office for Mac 2011 requires re-activation key

This answer seems to apply to old Mac OSs, not to current versions of OSX. The support data only refers to RAID 5 eSata, not to eSata generally, and my connections are eSata and USB3, neither of which work, and the problem occurs even if neither is connected.