Thread: Silverlight 5 released; will there be a Silverlight 6?

Silverlight 5 released; will there be a Silverlight 6?

As we all know that microsoft has already released silverlight 5 in november, 2011. But now i here that they might be think about to release silverlight 6. Silverlight 5 is the last version of Silverlight that Microsoft will release. But my friend also told me that microsoft will be very soon launch silverlight 6 version. Is this correct or something else?? Is this beta version or could be the full version? I used windows 7 on my laptop. Please describe few things about it, if you know. Thanks for any such informations.

Re: Silverlight 5 released; will there be a Silverlight 6?

We all know that the Silverlight helps for loading rich internet content on our web browser. Yes, silverlight 5 is now available in market and as per my own information still there is not any its next version available in market. May be possible that microsoft will be work on it but currently no such latest silverlight 6 available. You need to wait for few days for caught this version on your windows 7 system.

I used Silverlight 5 on my windows 7 system and its work great. Few additional features has been comes out with this version. They are full 3d stack, parsing performance improvements, tons of enhancements to binding. I used it for last one month and still never caught any indications that its next version is being release.I don't think so, within two month, microsoft release its next version. Such silverlight 5 provides 3D technology compatible features and its best so far compared with the previous one.

Silverlight is a free plug-in, powered by the .NET framework. This silverlight application is mostly compatible and worked well with the number of browsers, and windows based OS. Its recent silverlight 5 works best with the windows 7 and people really likes it. SO, i don't think that now a days, there is any such kind of upcoming silverlight 6 version necessary.

Silverlight 5 provides more than 40 new features. In that features silverlight offers compatibility with dramatic video quality, desktop features in the browser, and performance enhancements. Few additional features also presents in that for productivity enhancements. So, i also don't think about the upcoming silverlight 6. There is necessary for wait for few more days to get the silverlight 6 version onto windows 7 or any other system.