Thread: media center update in windows 7 wakes up the computer

media center update in windows 7 wakes up the computer

I am running the windows7 OS on my computer and this was really a great operating system ,but the problem I am facing with the windows 7 media center update , I have just downloaded one of the update of windows media center but I do not use the media center very much, but from last few days my computer wakes up every night around 2.00am and once when I find out the reason in the event viewer and now I understand that due to the media center update my computer wakes up in every night and unfortunately I don’t know how to turn off the media center auto updating off, if anyone knows how to do this then please help me.

Re: media center update in windows 7 wakes up the computer

I am also using the windows 7 OS on my PC and having the similar issue related with the windows 7 media center and in every few days my computer wakes up in the middle of the night .my computer doesn’t wake up when it is completely shut down this is happening only when I put it into the sleep mode and I understand that media center is the reason of this problem , ,I am also a newbie to use windows 7 and have not use the windows media center more often. Please recommend me a solution to get out of this problem.

I have used windows7 media center many times and I think this problem mostly comes when the update function of media player starts automatically and you can solve this issue by changing the schedule setting of the update function in windows media center . the default setting is update daily and you have to change this setting to update at log on.

You can solve this problem automatically by using Microsoft fix it wizard, you just go to the ‘fix it for me’ section and then select the fix this problem link, after choosing it click run in the downloading file and just follow the steps in the wizard.

To resolve your computer wake up issue because of the media center you have to follow the steps given below:
    1.first from start menu go to all programs> accessories> system tools> task scheduler
    2.from task scheduler select the task scheduler library in task scheduler library select Microsoft > windows> and then go to media center
    3. in the media center ,find and double click the mcupdate schedule ,when you open it you will see the mcupdate schedule properties windows on your screen ,select trigger from the windows and then select the task that is triggered daily and select edit button
    4. in the edit window just select At log on which you can see at the beginning of the task list and finally click ok
    5.after clicking ok just simply close the task scheduler window. And after trying this solution I will hope so you will not face this problem in future.

wondershare Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shurod View Post
    To resolve your computer wake up issue because of the media center you have to follow the steps given below:
    1.first from start menu go to all programs> accessories> system tools> task scheduler
    2.from task scheduler select the task scheduler library in task scheduler library select Microsoft > windows> and then go to media center
    3. in the media center ,find and double click the mcupdate schedule ,when you open it you will see the mcupdate schedule properties windows on your screen ,select trigger from the windows and then select the task that is triggered daily and select edit button
    4. in the edit window just select At log on which you can see at the beginning of the task list and finally click ok
    5.after clicking ok just simply close the task scheduler window. And after trying this solution I will hope so you will not face this problem in future.
    Hey.
    thanks for niche tips i try to it wait please.

You can also try with this solution also just go to the windows media center and then select the mcupdate schedule , from the mcupdate schedule window you will be offer with a list of options select setting from this window and in setting you can set the update to off , once you set the update to off then your computer not wake up at all.