Thread: Data partially corrupts using the Acronis 2012 Try&Decide

Data partially corrupts using the Acronis 2012 Try&Decide

As using the ATIH 2012 in my PC I have noticed some problems with this. Actually the things which I’m facing is when using the application of the ATIH 2012 on the PC. So what I had experience is when I open the “Try&Decide” window and then use the Google chrome browser and surf some of the websites and after when I close the browser and in Try&Decide window when I select the "discard all changes" and then reboot the system so that I can discard the changes. After rebooting the system when I start the browser again the change done in the browser are gone and act as the default browser.

So what I feel is that the Try&Decide corrupts the data. As this is introduced in the ATIH 2012 and was not available in the previous version. So don’t know much about this. Does anyone from here have came against any kind of such issues.

re: Data partially corrupts using the ATIH 2012 Try&Decide

As using the ATIH 2012 even I have noticed the same with the firefox browser. I tried exactly the same way described from the Acronis and still cannot retain the browser with the changes done and instead acts like installed newly. So want to know that why it happening like this.

The thing I see when I try to change the settings using the ATIH 2012 try & decide after booting up I shows me that windows is applying the changes and after which it automatically runs the chkdsk. So for this want to know that is the chkdsk is safe or running due to some improper changes. Does anyone know about it.

If the windows is running the chkdsk then let it run. Just make sure that when you run the Try & Decide see that you have all partition disk and image but see to it that it is not old enough.

According to me I do not use the Try & Decide rather I use the any uninstaller.

According to me you should try doing the following

• First thing you need to do is try to run the check disk utility on the C:
    • After doing this go to start =>run => cmd (Command prompt)
    • Now in the Command Prompt type "chkdsk C: /r"

NOTE: The machine may reboot while checking the C: drive

• Now open the Try & Decide window and perform the same task you did it earlier
    • After doing the following again run the check disk
    • If you are still getting the change then report the same to the acronis

I bought the ATIH 2012 just few days back and what I have noticed is that the using this application I’m able to take the backups and the image recovery. But when I tried with the Try & Decide, what I found out is that I was not able to start up the T&D and every time when I start the application I showed me the error at the startup.

So I would like to know that why I am not able to start the T&D service.

Re: Data partially corrupts using the Acronis 2012 Try&Decide

If you are having the problem of not able to get the Try & Decide service than for this I would like you to check that the service of the Try & Decide is enabled or not. And also check that whether the firewall is blocking the application of the Try & Decide. Because many times we forget to check that application does not function due to the firewall.