Thread: Unable to boot Windows 7 partition after updating with Acronis Disk Director 11

Unable to boot Windows 7 partition after updating with Acronis Disk Director 11

recently I have upgraded the computer Acronis Disk Director 11 to build 11.0.2343. my system is powered by Windows 7. When I was trying to remove the OS Selector and asked for the selection of OS so that it can boot after restarting the system. I have also selected OS GAMES partition. At the time of reboot it was prompting that there was no boot manager. So I am not able to make OS Selector to boot OS GAMES.

Re: Unable to boot Windows 7 partition after updating with Acronis Disk Director 11

Are you aware of if games partition booted by itself or booted from the Recovery partition? What do you getting when you look at the Games partition and see whether you are getting bootmgr file and boot folder into the root folder. You might need to enable viewing of hidden and system files if you are making use of Windows Explorer.

Re: Unable to boot Windows 7 partition after updating with Acronis Disk Director 11

Hey thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. well it is not having bootmgr file instead it is having BOOTWIZ folder. I have found only one hidden partition which was bootwiz.oss.

Ok can you tell me confirm whether the Games partition which you are using is logical? Do you having Windows 7 installation DVD or System Repair Disc with you?

Well Games partition is logical one. I am looking to see that the OS manager is recognize the same hence I have converted to primary through Acronis Disk Director so that it can make the difference. Also I am having Windows 7 x64 live dvd. I will need to boot into OS GAMES to run the dvd. I don’t know whether I will be able to repair by using Windows 7 DVD.

Finally after studying all the information i am posting below mentioned steps which will be helpful to fix the matter of yours.

• You have to boot the Disk Director CD and Start the same.
    • Now set the Games Partition as Active and hide all the partition on the drive. Once you have done with you have to click on Apply button.
    • You have to remove CD and insert Windows 7 DVD.
    • Now you should restart the computer and boot the same from the Windows DVD and press key when it is prompting for the booting of DVD.
    • Choose the language and choose option to repair the computer of yours.
    • Once you have done above mentioned steps it will begin with Startup Repair. It should not select Windows installation and use recovery tools and click on Next button and click on Startup Repair link.
    • After that it will start to repair and see that you boot the DVD. You should repeat all the steps until you are getting the startup errors.

We know that the Games Partition are logical and it is booted from the Studio partition. Studio partition is booting from Recovery partition and number of BCD files will have the multiple entries. You should remove the booting files from the Recovery partition and Studio partition and you have to repair the same by using Studio partition.

You can make Studio partition booting by itself by using following steps.
    1. You should uninstall OSS and choose Games Partition as of the default OS. The computer will boot automatically using Games Partition.
    2. You have to use DD to unhide the Studio partition.
    3. After that delete \bootmgr file and \boot folder from Studio partition.
    4. Now boot to DD CD and set Studio partition Active and rest of the all the partition should be hidden.
    5. Boot from the Windows 7 live DVD and peform a boot repair. Once completed you should remove Windows 7 DVD and restart the computer.
    6. In case Studio partition not boot up then you should perform following steps.
    7. Boot to by using DD CD.
    8. Now unhide the Games partition and set Active.
    9. Apply the changes which you have done and remove DD CD and reboot the computer.

Booting files need to be corrected before you begin to install OSS otherwise it will pick up wrong entries.

You have to boot DD CD and take care that Studio partition is Active and it should be not be hidden however rest of the partition should be hidden.
    After that boot Windows 7 DVD.

Hit Shift-F10 to launch the command prompt.

Now copy contents of \Boot folder to a backup and run following command.
    Code:
    robocopy c:\boot c:\boot2 /s
    now remove the boot folder and run following command.
    Code:
    rd c:\boot /s
    once you have done you should reboot the computer and choose repair. Wait till the repair process is completed.

I think there are wonderful solutions are posted in this thread. Let me know which was useful to you???? if you are still not able to resolve the thing that you should contact technical support team and get further help on the above mentioned topic.