Thread: Acronis true image 11 hangs while making the backup and log shows the “locking the partition c” error.

Acronis true image 11 hangs while making the backup and log shows the “locking the partition c” error.

i have been using the acronis for almost 1 year now! it was working fine on my Windows XP but suddenly it stopped working for my computer. Whenever I try to backup it runs for sometimes and then freezes,when i check the log it shows “locking the partition C” error. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it didn’t work. What can be the cause of it?

Re: Acronis true image 11 hangs while making the backup and log shows the “locking the partition c” error.

Are you using the latest version of the Acronis true image? You can also use Acronis SnapAPI driver to solve this problem. It can also be fault of your hard disk. Check the hard disc for errors. You can check it by following way:
    1. Go to the start menu then run ,type cmd.
    2. In the cmd type “chkdsk DISK: /r” (disk is the partition you want to check fo error)

Re: Acronis true image 11 hangs while making the backup and log shows the “locking the partition c” error.

I am using the windows server 2003 enterprise. I have acronis true image 9.1 will SnapAPI work for my system? I am facing the same problem, my backup also stops after working for awhile.i tried several times sometimes it goes till the end and then freezes, sometime it freezes immediately after few minute.I am also getting the application error.