Thread: How to save excel file as Database 3

How to save excel file as Database 3

Hi friends, recently I was trying to save my Excel file as Database 3, but however I was not able to create these. I have try various steps and tricks to save my Excel file as Database 3 but fail to do that. I have also visited several of forums and links but still not get the proper solution for this, so if you guys have any of the information then please let me know.

Re: How to save excel file as Database 3

According to my information, if you have MS Office Professional, Access will export to Dbase III. Just use Access to get the Excel file and export. I'm not sure how it’ll handle formatting. DBase III had a maximum field name of 10 characters, couldn't contain spaces, etc.

Just wanted to let you know that there is the released for the new version of the add-in that enables saving a DBF file in Excel.

The New features:

1. you can add/insert new fields, create calculated fields in addition to adding new records or editing existing records in your
    native DBF file!

2. If you start with an Excel file the software now have enhanced capabilities to determine the field types (better than Microsoft's own
    in earlier Excel versions).

3. The add-in checks DBase field naming conventions and also identify duplicate fields. All problem field names are visually
    identified with a cell comment!

4. If you start out with a brand new file and forget to save it, the add-in will ask before the conversion.

5. Large files are supported. I edited files over 500,000 records with no problem.

That was one of the features that were deprecated in Excel. If you have a copy of 2003 and can load the file there, you will have the option to save as a dBase file.