Thread: Windows Media Center is freezing at the end of Netflix episodes in windows 7

Windows Media Center is freezing at the end of Netflix episodes in windows 7

I am running windows 7 on my computer and the problem that I am facing is that whenever I am playing Netflix show I don’t know why the Windows Media Center gets freeze just before the ends of the show and during this the menus/buttons of the Windows Media Center do not appear as well and the video just stays at the full screen, I have got the same response for all the shows that I have watched, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well??

Re: Windows Media Center is freezing at the end of Netflix episodes in windows 7

I am running windows 7 on my computer and the problem that I am facing is that whenever I am playing Netflix show I don’t know why the Windows Media Center gets freeze just before the ends of the show and during this the menus/buttons of the Windows Media Center do not appear as well and the video just stays at the full screen, I have got the same response for all the shows that I have watched, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well??
    Before I suggest you something about this issue I will like to know your system specification, so just post the same here for further help.

Re: Windows Media Center is freezing at the end of Netflix episodes in windows 7

Sorry for that, my system specification is as followed:
    • Dell Inspiron 1764
    • Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
    • core i3 2.13GHz
    • 4GB ram
    • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

I have connected it to my HD TV at 720p

Ok, I will suggest you to get latest updates for the Windows Media Center as well as for the Silverlight, if you are not having it and also make sure that there is no other application running in the background just to check if it is making any difference. I also wanted to know that what all solution you have tried so far so that I don’t suggest you the same again, if possible also check out the internet connection that you are having and let me know if you are finding anything to be suspicious for the cause of this issue.

See I am having the latest update for the Windows Media Center as well as for the Silverlight, actually it gets stuck only at the very end of the video and it runs fine from the start till then, I have been trying to resolve this issue by just using the task manager as it used to say that the program is not responding, I have tried to reboot the machine several times but then it is not making any difference, as far as the internet connections is concerned it is working properly and I am getting good speed as well, I don’t think that there might be any problem with the connection, I just wanted to share that I have been streaming the Netflix shows through Nintendo Wii and I never had a problem with it, I am just facing this issue with the Windows Media Center. Is there any other solution that I can try out???

I am also having the same issue and in my case it had started from a week and I was not having the same problem like this from several months, I have also tried all of the above solutions and other than this I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the Netflix plugin for the Windows Media Center and after this I have made it worse, I mean that now instead of freezing the whole screen is just going black at the very end of the show, I am really not able to track out the cause of this issue, I also wanted to share that I am not facing the issue for all the shows, for eg I am not having problem with Breaking Bad but then I am having the same problem with Louis and Portlandia, if anyone founds a solution for this then please share it will be highly appreciated.

I think that I can help you all out here, I was having the same problem since a week but then I have solved it out finally,, I just wanted to add that you all might be thinking that it is related Silverlight update but then I don’t think it is, I have just upgraded to the developer RC of Silverlight 5 and I have done the same manually and since that I have not faced the same since a day, I think that the upgrade to the developer RC of Silverlight 5 has probably solved the issue, if you all want then you can try out the same and see If it is helping you out as well.

I think that you might be lucky with the solution because I have tried out the same and even I have installed silverlight 5 rc but then I don’t think that it is making any difference in my case, I am still left with the same issue, I just want to solve it out somehow, is there any other solution that I can try out??? Please help!!