Thread: Rosetta stone is not able to detect the Microphone

Rosetta stone is not able to detect the Microphone

I newly installed rosetta stone edition 3 in my PC running windows 7 while I primary got completed installing it I utilized the usb headset that came by means of it while I am in progress I had to choose a microphone as well as set it up you have to perform that consistently you go in it worked very well the first time I utilized it after that while I way out of rosetta stone as well as went back in it could not locate any microphones I have attempted everything I be able to believe of as well as it still won’t effort so tell me how to use rosetta stone to locate my microphone. Please reply

Re: Rosetta stone is not able to detect the Microphone

It appear that Rosetta Stone has a issue identifying the Microphone if the speaker input is not in some way connected to the Microphone. You be able to go after these steps each time you would like to utilize it and you be supposed to be very well.

1.First you have to press on Start, after that you have to press Control Panel as well as after that press on Hardware and Sound
    2.Then you have to Open Sound
    3.After that you have to set your Default Speaker
    4.Then you have to refresh the Microphone list
    the entire of your microphones be supposed to now show up
    5.After doing all this you have to In Rosetta stone, pertain the Microphone you would like as well as end the setup.
    6.After that Start language you are utilizing as well as go back to the Sound menu.
    7.At the last set the Speakers you would like to utilize as default.
    Rosetta stone will persist to work very well until you close it.

The Microphone Setup procedure will prompt you to speak into the microphone as well as after that offer feedback to assist you change your articulation to match that of a native speaker. To set up your headset you first have to choose the right microphone from the Microphone collection screen. If you are utilizing the Rosetta stone headset, you will observe a microphone name like USB VoIP Device. Keep in mind If you do not observe USB VoIP Device in the hardware list, you have to press the Refresh List button. And then press Continue once your microphone is chosen. After those presses continue to start your Course, once your microphone is setup correctly.

Rosetta stone's microphone setup try to correct the windows volume control for the microphone input. It needed a wonderful attenuation to assume that it is functioning. This change does not interpret through wine. You will require changing the microphone increase yourself in sound settings panel as well as after that attempt the microphone setup in Rosetta again. This will help you to solve your problem.

ohmy Re: Rosetta stone is not able to detect the Microphone

Microphone detection on windows 7 problem is very easily fixed but took me days to finally find out how. You simply right click on the rosetta stone 3 program icon, open the properties, then click compatibility tab. Set it to run in compatibility mode for vista service pack 1. Then you open the rosetta stone program it will now list your internal laptop mic as available microphone. proceed as usual. I suppose if you had a plug in mic you would choose it from the list. but the internal mic seems to work perfectly. i am running windows 7 on a Dell. the Rosetta stone has helped me teach english to countless foreign kids who normally don't like to learn english. nandi ulu: blink: