Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2012

How to Calculate Expiration Dates in Excel

I am a new user and what would be considered a noob or newbie. My knowledge on Excel is to the basic level only. The more extreme Formula writing is beyond my capabilities and this is where I need help. Can anyone please give me, in lamens terms, how to set up an excel spreadsheet that would take a Date of Issue for License Drivers and calculate the expiration date (which would be 1 year after), and also calculate 20 days before expiration date with color coding. So, let's say I have a driver that was approved and issued a 1 year driving permit on 2/25/2011 in cell F3. I would like to have the next cell to the right automatically calculate the expiration date of 1 year after 2/25/2011. And also I just want to make that automatically highlight the Row of the driver (in this case Row 3) in Yellow when it comes upon 20 day's before expiration date. Also I need it to change to Red when it has reached or past the expiration date. Is this at all possible? If so, can you please detail exactly what I need to do. Thanks !!
Old 07-01-2012

Re: How to Calculate Expiration Dates in Excel

Every day is a good day to learn something new in our life. I did an example based on your explanation that was well described. I tried to expose the formulas to easier the understanding of the logic process. So to get the model you can visit any of the official site that provide the model for this query.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,