Thread: Microsoft Project Duration

Microsoft Project Duration

Hi all, I'm just starting to use MS Project 2010 in work, have had very little training and I'm struggling to calculate the whole project duration. I can see from the start and end date what the duration is but thought there would be something in information ? or somewhere that automatically calculates and shows the project duration? Any suggestions? Thanks. I am down for a 3 hr session in Feb but am using the software now so any help would be much appreciated

Re: Microsoft Project Duration

Just go to this guide and see if you can get some help from there. Its a very good guide for the starters and I hope that this will be helpful for you as well.

Re: Microsoft Project Duration

Quote Originally Posted by redstellaartois View Post
    Hi all, I'm just starting to use MS Project 2010 in work, have had very little training and I'm struggling to calculate the whole project duration. I can see from the start and end date what the duration is but thought there would be something in information ? or somewhere that automatically calculates and shows the project duration? Any suggestions? Thanks. I am down for a 3 hr session in Feb but am using the software now so any help would be much appreciated
    Turn on the Project Summary task to see the total project duration. File > Options, Advanced -- Display Options for this Project:. Open the drop down and select "All New Projects". Click in the checkbox for "Show Project Summary Tasks".

In the future, you might want to post Project related questions to the forum for Microsoft Project at:

http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/

I hope this helps.

Julie