Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2012

Which is best ColdFusion or Flex

I don't get the link between these two. They each appear to be tools for developing web applications. Is Flex a replacement for ColdFusion MX ? Is there a paper that discusses these two tecnologies and explains the differences or relationships? that is to be used and when ? will anyone here facilitate me on this i'd be very be glad to know this .
Old 06-01-2012

Re: Which is best ColdFusion or Flex

Flex is for Flash and ColdFusion is for internet application pages - ColdFusion uses a version of Flex for a lot of of it's Flash capabilities. they're not connected.
Old 06-01-2012

Flex says it's for "rich web applications" too.

Are these competing merchandise ...? the two appear to be overlapping technologies. Is ColdFusion going away ?
Old 06-01-2012

star Re: Which is best ColdFusion or Flex

This is the instance that is to be used and when ? To draw an over-simplified parallel, Flex is to Flash "movies" what COLDFUSION is to HTML; or Flex is for making content for FlashPlayer, whereas COLDFUSION is for making content for web-browsers I did say it absolutely was over-simplified, and i am not finished nonetheless Slightly additional tenuously, however to make on an equivalent parallel, it may be said that one uses FlashMX.exe to "draw" SWFs, simply together uses DreamWeaver to "draw" HTML websites. Flex and COLDFUSION, respectively, are used to automate and make-dynamic this method, by giving a programmatic platform to impact every finish.

That said and this can be the foremost vital bit Flex is specifically forthe clientside/UI a part of the applying, and is geared towards talking to a separate "back end" server that handles the server aspect of the client/server processing relationship. And indeed COLDFUSION will offer the server-side of that though Flex isn't intrinsically coupled to COLDFUSION, therefore COLDFUSION isn't the *required* back-end). they are complementary technologies that reside within the same sphere of software application development
Old 06-01-2012

What am i able to do with ColdFusion that can't do with Flex? browse a database, send an email, write files on the server, search a group of documents to call a number of. Flex is for building user interfaces. it's all regarding the front finish, it has no concept or thanks to access back finish resources like a database. For this layer you wish another technology. ColdFusion is one offered selection for this back finish job. The confusion comes in that ColdFusion may do front finish work by making HTML|DHTML|AJAX user interfaces. If one chooses to mix Flex and ColdFusion, one usually wouldn't use the ColdFusion user interface functionality.
Old 06-01-2012

Thanks for reply I do perceive currently that flex will work with alternative backends like asp or jsp further as ColdFusion . thanks once more
Old 06-01-2012

I've done Flex comes with PHP, Coldfusion, Java, .NET, Ruby, and even C++. when a short while it all appearance an equivalent, simply totally different syntax. I honestly haven't any preference. What I do care regarding is that the code is clean and readable and uses best practices in style patterns therefore alternative devs will step in and comprehend what's occurring.
Old 06-01-2012

The biggest call issue is what are the team's strength. Though i might provide a grip to ColdFusion and Java and Java derivatives like Groovy . however you ought to haven't any drawback hooking into .NET, and there is nice support for PHP too.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,