Thread: Ubuntu Crashes with VirtualBox

Ubuntu Crashes with VirtualBox

I was trying to use the VirtualBox on the PC running Ubuntu but the problem is that, it get crashes with the VirtualBox. I am not able to guess even a single reason for this and so I am asking this over here. If someone of you can provide me some solution for this then I will be thankful for this. Please reply ASAP.

Re: Ubuntu Crashes with VirtualBox

I think that you are having the recent version of the Ubuntu and you are trying to make use of some out-of-date version of Virtualbox. As the new version of the Ubuntu is having the Unity desktop environment, so you will have to install the newer version. I would like to tell you that the Virtualbox version 4.1.6 is released in 2011 and you should install that to get this problem resolved.

Running the virtual machine with some version of the Ubuntu which is having the Unity feature then you will have to activate activate some of the things and I am going to explain you this. While you setup the virtual machine, you will have to choose the option "Enable 3D Acceleration" as of the Display section from the settings screen and when you are done with that then you will have to install the guest additions. To do that, you will have to go to the "Devices" menu on the virtual machine screen and choose "Install Guest Additions."

If you found that the virtual machine is cracking then I am very sure that the problem is with the virtual machine install. There is possibility that you are not having sufficient resources which is dedicated to your virtual machine.

waFeeEq Guest

If none of the solutions help you then you can try to install the Ubuntu again in your system. There are more chances that the issues will be resolved after this. Please reply of this also didnt worked for you.