Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012

Why does office 2010 keeps on configuring itself

If I am trying to open a Office document then most of the time it starts to configure itself and then it opens. How do I stop it from doing this, it is quite irritating. I have installed office professional 2010 and have installed it from the office disc. I am running windows 7 on my computer and have done the installation with the admin rights. I have even tried to repair it but still it is giving me same problems. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-01-2012

Re: Why does office 2010 keeps on configuring itself

There is an easy and a quick way to solve the problem that you are facing. Incase you might have a previous version of the Office installed in your machine, like lets say, office 2003 or office 2007 then Word 2010 will try to configure it all the time. So try to hold the Start+R key and then enter the below in the command into the registry and your issue will be solved:

reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Word\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1
Old 05-01-2012

I upgraded from 2007 to 2010 and even though it didnt give me any error but I was getting this same message on any program that I used to start. But an interesting point is that when you doubel click on the exe in the program file then it will start without any issues. So this can solution can be used as a temporary basis if anyone wants to use it.
Old 06-01-2012

Did you try to start office program in safe mode and checked if the problem is related to some add-ins. To do that click on Start and then go to All Programs and then point to Microsoft Office. After that press and hold the Ctrl key and then click the Office Program you want to start. If you dont get any problem in safe mode then the problem is related to some third party addins in the office program which you can try to disable.
Old 10-09-2012

Re: Why does office 2010 keeps on configuring itself

I have the similar problem, read and tried all sort of recommendations, none of them fix the problem. according to the log, some how you do not have the administrative right even you are logged in as administrator

To fix this problem simply create shortcuts from the "installed folder" and send to Desktop. It should be "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\POWERPNT.EXE" as default. After that just right click the shortcut > Properties > Shortcut >Advanced> Check "Run as administrator" >OK >OK.

You can try the same method to solve other MS office components (Excel, WinWord, etc).

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,