Thread: how to make a photo darken in i-photo

how to make a photo darken in i-photo

I have downloaded and install i-photo on my PC this is the software created by apple inc. and it was really a great software from apple , iphoto allows you to import ,organize, edit, print and share digital photography, I have many times edited photo and adjust them by myself using this software but some of my photos have too much light on it and I don’t know how to make photo dark in i-photo.if anyone knows how to do that , then please suggest me.

Re: how to make a photo darken in i-photo

I have taken more than 100 photos on new year eve and the next day I have imported all the photos , the photos were looked very great on my Nikon D400 camera LCD but when I try to open the same photos , they were appeared very light in i-photo and now I am unable to darken the photo as I am new while using iphoto, please help me.

you can use i-photo 9 to adjust your photo as you want because iphoto 9 provides you a wide range of advanced picture editing and touch up tools , if your photo is too light or too dark then you can adjust your photo perfectly as you want by following this steps.
    First select the photo you want to make dark or light after choosing the photo click edit button from the tool bar , the photo will open in the edit panel
    Click the adjust button in the toolbar to open the adjust menu. After this you can make your photo light or dark as much as you want.
    The adjust menu has a chart at the top of it ,this chart allows you the level of lightness and darkness in your photo ,If you want to darken your photo then just drag the photo slider on the left side of the chart, and try to adjust it as per your requirement.
    If you not satisfied with it and you want your photo to be looked as original then simply click on reset button. Otherwise click done on the i-photo toolbar and finally save your new photo.

You can also darken your photo using i-photo ,you just have to follow simple steps for doing that.
    First open iphoto and by double clicking select the photo you want to make dark.
    Click edit button , a pencil serves as the icon by the edit button, when you click on this button a set of commands and option will appear ,then from the menu click the effect button a list of option will be displayed for selection like lightening , darkening and other editing options,.
    Just click the black circle that says darken ,each time when you click on this circle the image darkens slightly, you can click the circle continuously until the image is dark as you want and similarly you can click on the white circle if you want to lighten your image, after adjusting your photo double click on the photo to exit the editing mode and finally save your new photo.

i have many photos of me and my friends which I had taken from my camera and I have imported all photos to iphoto and they were appear too dark and I wanted to brighten all the photos , how can I adjust the level of lightness so can I make the photos light as I want.

You can make your photo light or dark in the same way first select the photo you want to edit,click the adjust button in the tool bar ,adjust menu has a chart or histogram at the top of it,
    And now the only difference to make the photo light is that you have to just drag the slider on the right side of the chart or histogram towards the middle level and adjust it
    Finally click done on the i-photo toolbar and save your new photo