Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012

Want excel 2007 to stop calculating processors

I am running excel 2007. I have a sheet with 167000 lines in it, and have to use vlookup to match fields from other files. Once i made a change, the program start with Calculating: (Processor) which is taking up to an hour to complete. How can i remove that calculating.
Old 05-01-2012

Re: Want excel 2007 to stop calculating processors

Click on Office Button (top left hand corner) > Excel Options (lower right hand corner) > Formulas (left hand side) then, on the right hand side, under Calculation options, set Workbook Calculation to Manual / OK.
Old 05-01-2012

There is another way also. Without going to Options click on Formulas tab >Calculation Options > manual. Or Go at TOOLS > OPTIONS > CALCULATION and set the calculation of automatic to manually. Then you can about F9 control when Excel starts the recalculation.
Old 05-01-2012

If possible delete the blank rows and columns below and adjacent to the data completely, even if there is nothing. Sometimes it helps these areas allegedly uses Excel as an internal buffer that is tidy but not always. Or to build the file to new, i.e. to create a new, empty file and copies the data from the old file in there. or is it simply that the file in the course of time has grown and includes formulas, whose computation is very time-consuming and computationally intensive (eg, when counting, SumIf, SUMPRODUCT, VLOOKUP, and when compared der4. parameter = 0) because it helps just one time and the file and formulas that are less computationally intensive: eg changing the lookup worksheet 4th Parameter from 0 to 1 ne brings huge performance increase is, but only if the data of the search matrix can be sorted in ascending order and you know that in no records found error message no longer occurs, but a different value is returned. Which must then be trapped with ner additional testing, but that's still faster than the version with 4th parameter = 0 by formula.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,