Thread: Is it possbile to calculate RSD ( relative standard deviation) in Mircosoft Excel

Is it possbile to calculate RSD ( relative standard deviation) in Mircosoft Excel

How to calculate RSD ( relative standard deviation) in Microsoft Excel ? Is there a ready for this function or do I tinker the formula. Then they would have standard deviation / mean.

Re: Is it possbile to calculate RSD ( relative standard deviation) in Mircosoft Excel

I like your description you should interpreter with the function
    Code:
    RSD ( relative standard deviation) 

=100*ABS(STDEV(data)/AVERAGE(data))

or

=ABS(STDEV(data)/AVERAGE(data))

perhaps formatted as percentage

Re: Is it possbile to calculate RSD ( relative standard deviation) in Mircosoft Excel

The functions specified by you only refer to the standard deviation. Depending on time to a population or sample, or with a different point of view dealing with texts instead of numbers. I am looking for a function that represents the standard deviation relative to mean = coefficient of variation. But since I still can not find anything --- which means nothing, because Excel does not name things always at the correct name.

Ah! You have therefore calculated the standard deviation. You simply divide it by the arithmetic mean of values to obtain a quotient which is the relative standard deviation. But important is how to calculate the standard deviation. Well I also would like to know how to calculate the relative difference between 6320 and 6380. But I think I have found the formula but I do not understand.

The relative standard deviation is obtained by dividing the standard deviation for the expected value (or mathematical expectation) and, for example in Physics, provides a 'measure' of the precision of measurement, namely, its value (inversely proportional to it).